June 2023 Hatch-a-long

Omg omg omg! That's so cute :love ! First broody hatch? Congrats Wind! They look like they're on a cloud! I want to sleep there toošŸ„²
Thank you, and yes! Had some Muscovy go broody, but the eggs they were sitting weren't fertile, so I put in 'regular' duck eggs.

And yes, doesn't that look like the most comfortable bed??

Thank you, and yes! Had some Muscovy go broody, but the eggs they were sitting weren't fertile, so I put in 'regular' duck eggs.

And yes, doesn't that look like the most comfortable bed??
So happy for your hatch. Those Muscovy and Mallards make great Momma Ducks. At least mine are the ones that do the hatching for me, my Mallards. My Muscovy want to but I have to tell them NO NO NO NO. lol

It looks like a lot of eggs under her. Do you know if they are all fertile or were developing. My Momma Mallard was sitting on plenty but only 4 hatched as the rest were not fertile. I was unable to candle them though because she was having nothing to do with me touching any of them and I could not even catch her leaving the nest to eat or drink. I hope you have lots of ducklings and that they all do well.

It looks like a lot of eggs under her. Do you know if they are all fertile or were developing. My Momma Mallard was sitting on plenty but only 4 hatched as the rest were not fertile. I was unable to candle them though because she was having nothing to do with me touching any of them and I could not even catch her leaving the nest to eat or drink. I hope you have lots of ducklings and that they all do well.
No idea if they are or not. Saw some more pips though. I pretty much did a 'sample' candling early on to check if they were fertile, then left them to the mommas.

Back
Top Bottom