JUNE 7TH Hatch date ~ looking for hatch buddies

Okay, I am very late to join. Mine are due to hatch the 5th or 6th of June. I had a spike in temps, which I hope does not harm my babies. They are Spitzhauben/silkie cross. The last batch hatched just last week and they are VERY cute chicks. They seem to be very mellow. I am hoping for more of the same in this hatch. I am using a homemade incubator.

So today is day 20~ I put them into lockdown on Saturday night and even though Tuesday should be the hatch day~ I already have 3 that are pipping... I am so "eggcited!"

celebrate.gif

anybody else doing anything yet? and goatranch, feel free to join us... the more the merrier!

Christi

Tomorrow's day 21 for me!!! I thought it was wed. for the longest time. lol I mean of course I'll let her go a few days past 21 just in case, but I sure hope they hatch tomorrow... she's been such a good lil setter!

the good news is they piped earlier then I expected 2 hatchs out of 3 unfortunately this momma killed the first hatched and I caught her pecking at the 2nd one so we are now raising that one in a box with the light...hope the third one hatches tomorrow and I get it before that momma kills it...
sad.png
I plan on checking her later this evening just in case
different mama setting on 5 and a 3rd momsy is setting one... I really dont know when these others are due to pip...maybe another week...

why would the momma kill her little one after setting all that time???
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

so it is 9 pm and my first baby just hatched!!!!
pop.gif
I am glued to the incubator because out of 14 eggs; I only threw out 1 today~ all of the 13 others have babies in them!! So far 11 have cracked and one of those just hatched. I am hoping that by tomorrow the last 2 will have pipped....
celebrate.gif

Even my 10 yr old twin daughters (Jayme & Peggy) & my 5 yr old are standing around the 'bator.... all just waiting.
fl.gif

Anyone else started hatching yet? Good luck!!!
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif

Christi
ps... these are Black Australorp/ Buff Orpington mix
hugs.gif
(My first batch of these have turned out BEAUTIFUL!!)

Nothing here yet.
hmm.png
I am nervous as this is only my second hatch and I messed up the first one. I have heard alot of different responses to this question but how high does everyone keep there temp when in lock down? Anyway, I hope I come home from work tomorrow to find little chickies or at least pips.
fl.gif
Congrats to everyone on their hatches and hope everything goes well with any that havent hatched so far.
wink.png

I put mine in lockdown last night. Candled them first, and it looked like 3 of them may have stopped developing around day 14 or so. I left them in, just in case. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm also having some eggs shipped that should arrive next week. Yay! They are Serama and mille fleur bantam Cochin. I'm really excited about them, but trying hard not to be too excited. I've read so many posts about bad hatch rates with shipped eggs. Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed on these, too!

ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

ok so far I have 11 babies out of 13 eggs for lockdown... and the other 2 are pipped!!!
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif

I am so "eggcited"!!! This is my 3rd hatch and the first time I have had such a high hatch rate~~
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

lovin my birds: I kept my lockdown temp between 99 and 101 and the humidity I have kept at 60 to 65 percent (it keeps varying b/c I live in MS... it's very humid here and I haven't learned how to quite keep it constant yet). Hope this helps!

How is everyone else doing so far?

Christi

My husband woke me up at 5am to tell me he heard peeps and pecking coming from under our broody Roxie this morning, so sounds like something's imminent here! I just checked on her a little bit ago and...nothing. So anticlimactic. I swear she covered the eggs and told them to be quiet when I came in though. She won't let me have any fun.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom