June hatch-a-long!

So here is 2 of the 4 babies in the brooder....
20180623_063043.jpg
aND this
20180623_170101.jpg
so I have lost my mind and given this crazy biel eggs one more time.... she is super gentle to me when I check on them every day so I guess she gets a few cudos..... we will see how she does

Just checked on my b roody she started with 9 or so I thought she now has12 and 1 hatched but died. When I was checking I found 3 that weren't numbered or marked but appear to be developing. What do I do? I do not have an incubator.

I had the same problem, but I have 3 broody hens so I just passed the eggs to the other hen. I have 5 nest boxes and all my hens love to lay in the same box even with a broody hen in it. I had to keep taking eggs out. Do you know how long those other eggs have been there?

Phew had a crazy busy weekend and weekend so I’ve missed a lot! :eek:

My crew is doing great, mama hen is doing a wonderful job and chicks have all been perfectly healthy. Have had some crazy humid days followed by the first days of fall, I mean summer :p. They’ve been loving frozen water bottles in their brooder area.

They’ve gotten to roam once and it was insanely difficult to round them back up so I haven’t been eager to let them back out but I needed to change their shavings so they are roaming right now. Mama is working on getting them back to bed and they are being a bit defiant :lol:

Here’s an updated picture

208E48F9-E964-4034-9AF9-3806364F2020.jpeg

I had the same problem, but I have 3 broody hens so I just passed the eggs to the other hen. I have 5 nest boxes and all my hens love to lay in the same box even with a broody hen in it. I had to keep taking eggs out. Do you know how long those other eggs have been there?
The 9 are due to hatch Tues. The 3 I'm not sure.

I've just set up my second Brinsea mini today, just with my usual warren/light sussex/dorking crossed with indian game.

Really sad that my silkie hasn't been laying the past couple of weeks (or has been laying under a bush somewhere...) as my little silkie x chick is adorable and I'd like some more!

My new incubator came with an ovascope which is fab! Makes candeling eggs much easier and I get a much clearer view.

Back
Top Bottom