June Hatch A Long

I got 2 clutches coming due in June. One of 4 eggs under a broody and 12 in the incubator. These are 3 days old now, meet Ennie Meenie and Mynie Moe
Well been gone awhile, lost all my toes on my left foot in July. Am still hobbling around but getting by. Just thought I would post a pic of one of my chickens I hatched out earlier in June...I had 3 clutches and this girl is from the 1st clutch. We also kept the cockerel who was hatched with her as I had to put down my Roo, he slipped a tendon and I couldn't fix it as much as I tried.
This is Minnie, or as she was first called Enie meanie. She is an Orpington/Wyandotte cross, more specific, SL Orp and Columbian WY

Attachments

• 20191015_095930.jpg
    20191015_095930.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 9
  • 20191015_095846.jpg
    20191015_095846.jpg
    607.3 KB · Views: 8
Well been gone awhile, lost all my toes on my left foot in July. Am still hobbling around but getting by. Just thought I would post a pic of one of my chickens I hatched out earlier in June...I had 3 clutches and this girl is from the 1st clutch. We also kept the cockerel who was hatched with her as I had to put down my Roo, he slipped a tendon and I couldn't fix it as much as I tried.
This is Minnie, or as she was first called Enie meanie. She is an Orpington/Wyandotte cross, more specific, SL Orp and Columbian WY
Very pretty!
My June chicks are all grown too, of course. Not laying yet...
crossing road.jpg

Geez!!! Lost all of your toes??? I’m so sorry!!!! What happened?

she is SO striking with that coloring!!!

I am SO SORRY about your toes!!!!!! :hugs

I'm so sorry to hear about your foot! I'm glad you're ok. Your hen is beautiful!

Are anyone's June chicks laying yet?

Nope, I had to go check my image folders on my computer to see what I hatched. LOL! I've hatched so many chicks that I wasn't sure what I hatched in June. :lol:
My Frosted Legbar's comb is getting darker so I think she'll be my first to start laying of my June babies. They hatched towards the end of the month so I don't think I'll see any eggs for at least a few more weeks. My Whiting True Blue hen started laying really early so I think the triplet True Blues will start to lay by next month as well. We named them Snap, Crackle, and Pop. Snap and Crackle will be going to a friend's house tomorrow morning and Pop is staying...so I guess I'll need to rename her Poppy. lol

Snap and Crackle look identical so the first picture represents both and Pop is the second picture. The only reason I can tell her apart is because of the beard and cheeks, lol. All 3 stayed brown unlike the other True Blues I have hatched which were a multitude of colors but these 3 are very pretty in better lighting, it's very overcast today. The third image is my little Frosted Legbar. You're making me want to hatch more chicks again...:lau

DSC_0009.JPG
DSC_0012.JPG
DSC_0017.JPG

Back
Top Bottom