June Hatch A Long

My Junes were Buff Brahmas and i will be honest...... they are eating me out of house and home, honestly they are twice the size of my EE layers and the EE`s are 15 months old.
Ive just sold a trio to try and reduce the food bill, i did expect a big bird but they have surpassed that.
They are slow maturing so i doubt i will get any eggs till spring now, plus we have just rolled into a cold end of autumn in good ole GB

*edit* My Junes were Lavender Araucanas my Mays were the brahmas :he

My Junes were Buff Brahmas and i will be honest...... they are eating me out of house and home, honestly they are twice the size of my EE layers and the EE`s are 15 months old.
Ive just sold a trio to try and reduce the food bill, i did expect a big bird but they have surpassed that.
They are slow maturing so i doubt i will get any eggs till spring now, plus we have just rolled into a cold end of autumn in good ole GB

*edit* My Junes were Lavender Araucanas my Mays were the brahmas :he

Brahmas are big and hungry but they're so sweet in my experience! I have some chow hounds in my flock as well. Many of my most docile chickens are the plump breeds, I wonder if there's something to that, lol.

Brahmas are big and hungry but they're so sweet in my experience! I have some chow hounds in my flock as well. Many of my most docile chickens are the plump breeds, I wonder if there's something to that, lol.

They are docile and sweet to the point of stupidity :) They even get bullied by the aruacanas which are not much bigger than a bantam.
Phase 3 will begin shortly, that consists of haf a dozen CCL`s and half adozen black copper maran eggs, ultimately in a years time phase 4 will begin which is breeding for mixed egg colours, the brahmas were a one off just because they are such a beautiful breed, i can only realistically keep 4 of each breed in terms of space.

Back
Top Bottom