June Hatch-A-Long

Pics
and hold a pencil in your mouth while you do that.

I have actually found the nail/ring test to be 100% accurate on finding life in an egg. While doing my ring/nail test experiment (just for fun) I decided to test the eggs to see if it would pick up a gender prediction, and it did. It also showed no movement on any clears, blood rings, quitters, and DIS eggs. I even left the above mentioned in the incubator or hatcher just to make sure.

I have actually found the nail/ring test to be 100% accurate on finding life in an egg. While doing my ring/nail test experiment (just for fun) I decided to test the eggs to see if it would pick up a gender prediction, and it did. It also showed no movement on any clears, blood rings, quitters, and DIS eggs. I even left the above mentioned in the incubator or hatcher just to make sure.
Have you see if it truly works when they’re grown and you can tell

I’m so excited to finally be incubating eggs! And, I’m in Southern California where the VND quarantine has just been lifted. We can get chicks and eggs again! It’s been 2 years! :celebrate
I too am in so-cal it hasn't quite been lifted yet but should be real soon. Can't wait so we Californians can actually get the breeds we desire :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200527-205440_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200527-205440_Chrome.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 5
Have you see if it truly works when they’re grown and you can tell

Still running the experiment. I unfortunately chose to do the experiment while hatching zero sex link chicks (out of all the chicks I want and have bought on ebay....I actually thought about buying some sex links just to run the experiment on. So far I have held off...which is a surprise....you know me and my egg buying addiction. Lol!) and I don't know how to vent sex. So now I have to wait until they start showing other signs. I did a mini experiment and found that you cannot hold the chick while doing the test as your own magnetism can overpower the chicks magnetism and alter the results. There are a couple other people that have joined in on my experiment thread (just for fun).

Still running the experiment. I unfortunately chose to do the experiment while hatching zero sex link chicks (out of all the chicks I want and have bought on ebay....I actually thought about buying some sex links just to run the experiment on. So far I have held off...which is a surprise....you know me and my egg buying addiction. Lol!) and I don't know how to vent sex. So now I have to wait until they start showing other signs. I did a mini experiment and found that you cannot hold the chick while doing the test as your own magnetism can overpower the chicks magnetism and alter the results. There are a couple other people that have joined in on my experiment thread (just for fun).
Vent sexing chicks is a lot harder than waterfowl. If you ever learn get a magnifying glass.

I found a gosling on her back this morning. Hadn’t checked them for two hours.

she is weak. Drinking Pooping and eating. Sleeping in my arms for two hours but still weak.

gave poultry cell. She eats mazuri waterfowl starter. Is this a niacin issue possibly? Any ideas?

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I think niacin issues usually display in angel wing and leg issues. I was told if they have access to grass it's very uncommon for them to have niacin issues. I chose to graze them really young instead of adding yeast to their feed because it's natural and I was also told that apparently it's not uncommon for ducks and geese to have allergic reactions to the yeast! It's like 1 in 100 have reactions to it.
I still consider myself a novice with waterfowl even though I've hatched goslings since last year.

Goslings are very delicate to toxins too. Is it possible she ate something she shouldn't have? My friend lost two Goslings after a heavy rain a couple months ago because it washed some lawn treatment into their yard from a neighbor. :(

Back
Top Bottom