June Hatch-A-Long

Well, my hatching eggs arrived today. According to the tracking info, they were mistakenly sent to the wrong county after they arrived in Dublin, then had to be sent back to Dublin to be sorted before they could be sent here. 😡Stupid Post Office. So the eggs all have rolling air cells. They are the the worst air cells I have ever seen.
I am letting them rest a bit and then they will be going into the incubators upright & not turned for the first 7 days. Hoping that the air cells will reattach.
Seems to be so random how the air cells look, my eggs came yesterday, were packed beautifully, took only 2 and a half days to arrive and still all have "jiggly" or disrupted air cells!
Sitting in the incubator after 6 hours, as they appear to be older eggs based on air cell size (per Sally Sunshines Shipping 101 recommendation). Why the 7 days without turning? I heard anything more than 3 or 4 days would be detrimental to the chicks development. First time I am trying incubating upright for the entire incubation (I have done partial before).
Good luck with your eggs! :love

Seems to be so random how the air cells look, my eggs came yesterday, were packed beautifully, took only 2 and a half days to arrive and still all have "jiggly" or disrupted air cells!
Sitting in the incubator after 6 hours, as they appear to be older eggs based on air cell size (per Sally Sunshines Shipping 101 recommendation). Why the 7 days without turning? I heard anything more than 3 or 4 days would be detrimental to the chicks development. First time I am trying incubating upright for the entire incubation (I have done partial before).
Good luck with your eggs! :love
Not turning them would help the air cells reattach. And you can not turn them for a week but you have to turn them after that so the chicks do not get attached to one side of the egg.

Thanks I understand that, but why 7 days and not 3-4?:)
Theres no guide saying how to incubate detached air cells. Most guides tell you to discard those types of eggs. I guess it’s truly up to the person incubating the length of time they want to not turn in order to get the air cells corrected.

I would do a week too since I’ve had detached air cells and 3-4 days was not enough time

Thanks I understand that, but why 7 days and not 3-4?:)
I had a friend that didn’t have her eggs turned for almost 2 weeks because the turner malfunctioned. Once she started turning the chicks were fine, nothing bad happened to them. I guess it’s all based on someone comfort level with what they want to do.

I would always turn eggs at some point because not turning them at all I believe would be a huge flop.

I have eggs I didn’t turn for 14 days and I’m turning them the last week before they hatch. They actually look amazing believe it or not. I couldn’t just not turn them... that was actually the experiment I was going to do but I changed my mind at day 14.

Theres no guide saying how to incubate detached air cells. Most guides tell you to discard those types of eggs. I guess it’s truly up to the person incubating the length of time they want to not turn in order to get the air cells corrected.

I would do a week too since I’ve had detached air cells and 3-4 days was not enough time
Thanks! I have no real experience with this, so just trying to figure out what would work best. Reading everything on the threads and getting so many different ideas. I appreciate your advice and will try the 7 days! Would you recommend careful candling to see if they have
re-attached at some point?

Thanks! I have no real experience with this, so just trying to figure out what would work best. Reading everything on the threads and getting so many different ideas. I appreciate your advice and will try the 7 days! Would you recommend careful candling to see if they have
re-attached at some point?
I would candle every other day and see if they reattach. Once they do you’re golden. I would go no more than 7 days. Even just slightly moving the eggs once a day will help and shouldn’t bother the reattachment at all.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom