June Hatch a Long

Busy night last night
. I had 6 of 13 hatch. Have 2 more with pips. there could be more ,but the ones that hatched are rolling the eggs around.
Will this reduce the chance of the unhatched eggs hatching?

Well one full day down and all babies are fine. I am hoping to have another day like today with them. The only other thing I could think of is they were not my eggs. I don't know how they were fed or cared for. I can say that I have never got any porus eggs from my hens but the ones that I purchased were very porus. Why is that? Is it because how they are fed? Mine are very spoiled. They get oats egg pellets. Scratch. And fodder.
poor shell quality can generally be directly attributed to a poor diet or a hen that is well past her prime

How long has it been like this?

Not sure because we were not home all day... I peeled the top part if the shell off last night and the membrane still has blood vessels... Probably should have left it. :oops:
The temp is 97 Now and hum 68. Leaving it alone is best right? It's breathing and cheeping.

Not sure because we were not home all day... I peeled the top part if the shell off last night and the membrane still has blood vessels... Probably should have left it.
hide.gif

The temp is 97 Now and hum 68. Leaving it alone is best right? It's breathing and cheeping.
The chick may have pipped and then took a nap. They do that... and it's hard to be patient.
Just leave it be for most of the day. Make sure them membranes stay moist. Most of the time it's best to let them get out on their own.

i got chicks due tomorrow... one already pipped. with 48 more to go. not sure but i want to set duck eggs when these come out but not too sure on temps for ducks,,,any advice?
. Not sure of ducks in incubator star I have hatched runner ducks under broody hens in the past so I would say it's the same

Back
Top Bottom