June Hatch a Long

Yes it is in the high 90s here. Feels like 110. You walk outside and instantly start sweating. I feel so sorry for my two broody hens. But they only have one week left so that is good. And it is suppose to rain sat sun mon and tues.
rain will make for some nice humid weather with those temps ,,,, any of the brooder birds show up ?

Here is my baby blue silkie that hatched this last weekend.

She is really pretty. Almost silverish. I wonder if she'll be considered Lavender. I've heard blue on blue makes self blue which is also Lav??? Anyone else hear that?

My 2nd keet I had to assist rather shrunk wrapped. He didn't make the night had a unabsorbed belly, but wasn't severe I didn't think. Thinking 1 more day for the other guy in egg yet. MIA1 should be hatching but it started raining, lightly but still a cold rainy day here. Man I wish she would kick em outta the eggs soon.

All other babies seem to be fine. Mama duck that refuses to be Mama decided that she layed 2 eggs yesterday layed again.So no searching for another nest spot, yet. Prolly last a week. My luck.
Most eggs in bator doing good almost want a lock down early. But can suffer w/o 1 for awhile. Wensday is duck/guinea/ BYM. So not that far off, as long as they stick to MY schedual. Do a final candle then so I can get any clears I missed before. Then let em go til they hatch.

Mallards will be hatching any day now (maybe even right now.... My duck's nest is completely out of my reach, so I can't even check!)
caf.gif
She has three eggs under her.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom