June Hatch-A-Long

Here are some really difficult pictures to see of the new ones.

Last edited:
I rarely sleep. Lol. At least I'm home alone tomorrow. Sleep is like a butterfly for me. Rarely lights and never for long

And I do get pretty obsessed during a hatch. I'll probably go to sleep here in a couple of hours. Only 10 left to hatch now...lol. today is now day 20. So I had a lot of early birds. All my previous hatches have hatched on day 20. Haven't had any start on day 19...but this time I locked down on day 17... so maybe there is a correlation. Not sure. Maybe if I stay up long enough I can perfect some sort of shorter incubating chicken..

And I do get pretty obsessed during a hatch. I'll probably go to sleep here in a couple of hours. Only 10 left to hatch now...lol. today is now day 20. So I had a lot of early birds. All my previous hatches have hatched on day 20. Haven't had any start on day 19...but this time I locked down on day 17... so maybe there is a correlation. Not sure. Maybe if I stay up long enough I can perfect some sort of shorter incubating chicken..
LOL! As you can tell, I don't sleep much either. Those butterfly landings can be so elusive sometimes. I have spent quite a bit of time watching the antics in my brooder and reading tonight….

Hmmm. I think you would make a billion dollars if you perfected a shorter incubating chicken. None of us can stand to wait! Get cracking!

Just got back home to find two more chicks have hatched out. The first egg started pipping just before midnight on Wednesday, so I expected to be done by now, but there's still at least one more in the process of hatching out. I really didn't expect anymore to hatch so these are a nice surprise. And who knows....come morning light I might find even more that have hatched out.
smile.png

Well so far all I know is that my brinsea incubates at 102 degrees and keeps around 25-30% humidity... and so far all my chick's have hatched on day 20, and that got me thinking that maybe I should lock down on day 17 so they still get 3 days to manuever... so I locked these down on day 17, and a good bit of these hatched on day 19... so...I'm getting a tiny bit shorter. I set this batch of eggs on 5/18 at 3:00 pm. And they started hatching 6/6 at around 11:00 pm... Ehh. Whatever the hatches are losing a few hours each time...

7 out now... and I'm almost tired. Lol

Last edited:
Now 9. I'm truly hatching right along. And in other news both my next batch of my own eggs and my shipped eggs are all beginning to show development. It was too early to candle them, but I did anyway. Lol. I just set them the 4th...but quite a few were showing development.

I have a question about counting days. I set my eggs at 8 am on Thurs, May 22nd. Do you count that as day 1, or would day one be Friday, May 23rd? I know I'm getting close to day 18, and just want to make sure I have it right. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom