JUNE - JULY HATCH-ALONG!!!!!!!

Pics
Well, I'm going to need to come up with a really good name for this little Olive Egger because it defied ALL odds! Incubated by the Georgia summer heat for 3-4 days before I set it in the incubator! Then the little one never actually saw lockdown and still managed to get in position to hatch and pipped externally while rolling every hour in a horizontal turner! (It was really just by chance that I moved it to another incubator before it hatched, lol):eek: Hatched on what should have been day 16!

Olive Egger (1).jpg
Olive Egger (2).jpg

Well, I'm going to need to come up with a really good name for this little Olive Egger because it defied ALL odds! Incubated by the Georgia summer heat for 3-4 days before I set it in the incubator! Then the little one never actually saw lockdown and still managed to get in position to hatch and pipped externally while rolling every hour in a horizontal turner! (It was really just by chance that I moved it to another incubator before it hatched, lol):eek: Hatched on what should have been day 16!

View attachment 1842442 View attachment 1842443
How precious!!! I love the expression, like, “what ru looking at???”:love

Ah, so precious! :loveWhat a lovely little miracle! That is one resilient chick. Let us know what you name it.

Yayyyyyy!!!! What an adorable little cutie pie.

:lau LOL!!! Now that's a full incubator!!! Have you considered possibly taking a thick book and gently putting it under one side of the incubator and switching sides a few times a day? When my friend first got started that was her egg turning method of choice because she didn't have an auto turner...she said with quail she would just shift the incubator across the counter and they rolled. LOL! And here we are buying these fancy incubators with nice features and turners...
I would if I kept it this full.

I have turners for 56 eggs and there’s 65 here. I normally let shipped eggs sit in The incubator three days without turning anyway. I’m going to let these sit 4, because those 30 eggs that came today .... I didn’t rest. They’re my test to see if you really need to rest them outside the incubator if you don’t turn them inside the incubator.

Don’t you love when you have so many “experiments” going on with zero control aspects? Oops.

Anyway, I figure after those 4 days I will probably have 9 infertiles I can toss and Just use the auto turners. If I don’t I’ll go to plan B.

Also I just reread this and WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I DOING WITH AN INCUBATOR WITH SIXTY FIVE EGGS.

i have a problem but I guess I’m in the right place. :lau:caf

Ah, so precious! :loveWhat a lovely little miracle! That is one resilient chick. Let us know what you name it.

Names are always hard for me because once they have a name I fall in love and then they turn into roosters, lol! I keep holding on to Fizzgig, the below frizzle because he hasn't crowed yet...but we all know that has to be a rooster :lau. Little bugger is so sweet and still steps into my hands when I reach down.

7-10-19 (13).JPG

Let's see, some really girly names so the Olive Egger chick can't turn roo on me...Summer? Sunny? Solstice?

I was trying to be clever because my daughter is taking Latin...I thought I could name her after the Latin word for strength/might, which is "Viribus" and I was like oh! I'll name her Viri! My daughter looked at me and said...that's basically saying "Man". :th I told you if I name this chick it's going to turn into a rooster! :lau

Last edited:
Also I just reread this and WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I DOING WITH AN INCUBATOR WITH SIXTY FIVE EGGS.

i have a problem but I guess I’m in the right place. :lau:caf

I mean when you take into account that they won't all be fertilized and then you'll have quitters and then there's always the roosters...so that equates to exactly how many chicks you need! lol! I look forward to your updates!

Names are always hard for me because once they have a name I fall in love and then they turn into roosters, lol! I keep holding on to Fizzgig, the below frizzle because he hasn't crowed yet...but we all know that has to be a rooster :lau. Little bugger is so sweet and still steps into my hands when I reach down.

View attachment 1842556

Let's see, some really girly names so the Olive Egger chick can't turn roo on me...Summer? Sunny? Solstice?

I was trying to be clever because my daughter is taking Latin...I thought I could name her after the Latin word for strength/might, which is "Viribus" and I was like oh! I'll name her Viri! My daughter looked at me and said...that's basically saying "Man". :th I told you if I name this chick it's going to turn into a rooster! :lau

how about Blossom or Fleur?!

Back
Top Bottom