JUNE - JULY HATCH-ALONG!!!!!!!

My best friend and I are about to launch a toddler learning YouTube channel and the ducks from last months hatch a long got to be stars of one of our first videos. :lau

Lots of cute shots of the ducklings growing up, but turn down your volume or the song will be stuck in your head for days. :old

Your video is just too cute!!! DD and I watched it together, and we were both like “Mama duck, your ducklings are being eaten by predators!!! Don’t let them out alone!”:lau And that last little duck! He looked so freaked to be the last duckling! What an actor!!!:gig

Well, this hatch is all done. I got three beautiful healthy chicks from the nine eggs that I rescued from under an Orpington hen who was a good sitter and a murderous mother.

I feel it's successful, because I only paid for five eggs from Papa's Poultry- the rest were generous extras. And I know I've got one hen (the CCL), and I'm nearly positive the dark-combed Marans is also a pullet. The blue Marans has a yellower comb and is slower feathering (no tail yet, at nine days), so it may be a little roo ... but the comb is small, and the legs aren't especially thick. Maybe three little pullets?

It was 88 degrees, so they got to play outside today. In the second pic, you can see the mean mama giving the chicks the side eye. :gig

View attachment 1852319 View attachment 1852320 View attachment 1852321 View attachment 1852322 ,
Cute babies!!!! Good sitter and murderous mama... Yeah, sounds s little familiar... Congratulations on your hatch and the beautiful babies!:wee

And our looooooong guinea hatch continues!!! One keet hatched yesterday and one (a purple!) today. There are only three eggs left! We sold keets last weekend so we were down to 16, but hatched two so that’s 18... Sold 28 last weekend, lost one keet in the brooder, so, let me do the math... We’ve had 47 hatch! I think that I estimated that we set 66 eggs, only those that looked alive, so not able to calculate as you would for a typical incubation, but I think that we’ve done pretty well, all things considered!

Last edited:
And our looooooong guinea hatch continues!!! One keet hatched yesterday and one (a purple!) today. There are only three eggs left! We sold keets last weekend so we were down to 16, but hatched two so that’s 18... Sold 28 last weekend, lost one keet in the brooder, so, let me do the math... We’ve had 47 hatch! I think that I estimated that we set 66 eggs, only those that looked alive, so not able to calculate as you would for a typical incubation, but I think that we’ve done pretty well, all things considered!
WOW!!!!!!

you have done a FABULOUS job.

You had an interesting month! And did well with shipped eggs. What’s the story behind wanting to incubate the roadside table eggs???

While making breakfast one morning, I noticed that the eggs in the pan looked fertile. I thought—:yesss:, I can hatch these! LOL So, I took 4 of the green eggs from the fridge and put them into the incubator the next day. 20 days later...

B1179F75-A6BE-491E-8372-31F23A341FD3.jpeg

Well nevermind, that went way faster than I thought.
Do you think this set-up is good enough?
I’m using one of those dog water contraptions for their water. They probably can even get in it if it’s too hot. I mean this is a Texas summer after all.

Attachments

• 8370FF1B-330C-4AFA-AEEA-11C83C3CC55F.jpeg
    8370FF1B-330C-4AFA-AEEA-11C83C3CC55F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • F109F4AC-636F-4F00-8487-82E12EFBAC11.jpeg
    F109F4AC-636F-4F00-8487-82E12EFBAC11.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • 99793B56-EBE9-4259-930B-52C1B35D0058.jpeg
    99793B56-EBE9-4259-930B-52C1B35D0058.jpeg
    843.9 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom