JUNE - JULY HATCH-ALONG!!!!!!!

Anyone getting eggs from this hatch a long group? I think I’m getting my first egg from a blue marans any day! She spent about an hour in the box today. :fl

I ended up with 7 pullets. Rehomed one with some of the cockerels and the Brahma with the sealed eye was a pullet, but she was taken by a hawk pretty early. :-/

of the five left, most look pretty near to first lay!

I'm not 100% positive what I hatched in this particular hatch along, lol! BUT! I got my first egg from my little Frosted Legbar today! Two of the True Blue Triplets have been laying for a few weeks, I'm thinking the 3rd may be laying as well and she's just hiding them...

I'm not 100% positive what I hatched in this particular hatch along, lol! BUT! I got my first egg from my little Frosted Legbar today! Two of the True Blue Triplets have been laying for a few weeks, I'm thinking the 3rd may be laying as well and she's just hiding them...
I think your all boy mottled orpingtons and the legbar were June and the WTB were this one?

my Opal Legbars from April still aren’t laying!I’m jealous.

Sorry you lost so many @BuckeyeFoodie! :(

Anyone getting eggs from this hatch a long group? I think I’m getting my first egg from a blue marans any day! She spent about an hour in the box today. :fl

I ended up with 7 pullets. Rehomed one with some of the cockerels and the Brahma with the sealed eye was a pullet, but she was taken by a hawk pretty early. :-/

Been getting eggs from my kids since about mid December. They are full sized now so working on getting enough together to load the incubator because the rooster has been doing his thing. Hoping to be able to replace the three I lost this fall. Should get some pretty mauves in the bunch if the eggs didn't get too cold.

Well it’s funny you should ask... We bred our CCL hen with an EE roo in late spring, and with a BCM for the June July hatchalong. So, all pullets should be heterozygous for blue and lay green or olive eggs. Instead, these (I’m almost certain) are the eggs from the three pullets. The “OE” pullet lays the pink egg on top...

Attachments

• F32E3166-FB8E-46C6-8863-E19CE793CD68.jpeg
    F32E3166-FB8E-46C6-8863-E19CE793CD68.jpeg
    327.6 KB · Views: 1

Some of my July Serama are laying. The EExOrp cross is laying. The Barnevelder is ready but isn’t.

Some of our early August hatch is laying. I believe the Marans is, and one other that I haven’t been able to figure out yet. 10 pullets and 5 cockerels in that hatch.

Well it’s funny you should ask... We bred our CCL hen with an EE roo in late spring, and with a BCM for the June July hatchalong. So, all pullets should be heterozygous for blue and lay green or olive eggs. Instead, these (I’m almost certain) are the eggs from the three pullets. The “OE” pullet lays the pink egg on top...
Your CCL doesn’t have two blue egg genes?!?!? What. A. Bummer.

I don’t even know how that happens. I know some of the lavenders could have a single blue gene. Maybe she comes from a line of someone trying to work on some of the project colors of CCL. Woooooooow. I’m sorry.

Your CCL doesn’t have two blue egg genes?!?!? What. A. Bummer.

I don’t even know how that happens. I know some of the lavenders could have a single blue gene. Maybe she comes from a line of someone trying to work on some of the project colors of CCL. Woooooooow. I’m sorry.
Yeah it such a bummer! We had bought a number of CCL pullets and all died of Marek’s except this one! I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that the show breeder that gave us Marek’s also has heterozygous CCL birds in her flock!

Back
Top Bottom