JUNE - JULY HATCH-ALONG!!!!!!!

Well it’s funny you should ask... We bred our CCL hen with an EE roo in late spring, and with a BCM for the June July hatchalong. So, all pullets should be heterozygous for blue and lay green or olive eggs. Instead, these (I’m almost certain) are the eggs from the three pullets. The “OE” pullet lays the pink egg on top...

I have a "not-so-olive-egger" too!! She lays various shades often on the pink side but sometimes even a bit purple.
She was from a cross from Marans roo over EE.

1-7-20 Olive (2).jpg

So my opals started laying. At least one. The first egg was blue and now they are green. I’ll do a side by side later with an Ameraucana egg that’s really blue.

AAAAAAAND I think one of them could be laying a WHITE egg.:rolleyes: That’s a bummer if one is green and one is white. Luckily I’ve gotthe Ameraucana that started laying and I’m growing out some true blues.

in other news, my not-so-wheaten marans mix started laying and she really came through! It’s gorgeous!

A56E796B-D067-4A1E-B55D-1A719C2F8A58.jpeg

So my opals started laying. At least one. The first egg was blue and now they are green. I’ll do a side by side later with an Ameraucana egg that’s really blue.

AAAAAAAND I think one of them could be laying a WHITE egg.:rolleyes: That’s a bummer if one is green and one is white. Luckily I’ve gotthe Ameraucana that started laying and I’m growing out some true blues.

in other news, my not-so-wheaten marans mix started laying and she really came through! It’s gorgeous!

View attachment 2010697

Love it! Maybe the white egg will start to show more color once her reproductive system works out the kinks. 🤞

Back
Top Bottom