JUNE - JULY HATCH-ALONG!!!!!!!

Here they are, the three eggs on top.

I thought the white ish egg is an Opal. I have some australorps and orpingtons coming into lay, but, this egg has been pretty white. It looks more tinted in this photo, especially with the true white egg underneath, so I’m holding onto hope it’s an australorp or orpington. Either way, I should know in a few days if another blue egg shows up, but I’m losing hope. were created with Isabel Leghorns so there are potentially some white egg genes in the mix. But look at the shape the tinted egg and green egg are so similar. Plus, the green egg obviously has booom on a blue egg, so, I assume a white Opal egg could have a little tinted bloom too....

the green egg is for sure one of the opals. The blue egg is an Ameraucana.
B707361C-CB38-4DD8-859A-1389734EC3A2.jpeg

I thought the white ish egg is an Opal. I have some australorps and orpingtons coming into lay, but, this egg has been pretty white. It looks more tinted in this photo, especially with the true white egg underneath, so I’m holding onto hope it’s an australorp or orpington. Either way, I should know in a few days if another blue egg shows up, but I’m losing hope. were created with Isabel Leghorns so there are potentially some white egg genes in the mix. But look at the shape the tinted egg and green egg are so similar. Plus, the green egg obviously has booom on a blue egg, so, I assume a white Opal egg could have a little tinted bloom too....

View attachment 2011634

I'm loving the colors!!!

View attachment 2011634
That’s a very pretty Easter egg basket that you have there! :love Our CCLs tended to lay green to start, then the bloom faded over a few weeks and the eggs turned pure pale blue... We have Ameraucana pullets too, but they seem to have no intentions of laying eggs...:confused:

That’s a very pretty Easter egg basket that you have there! :love Our CCLs tended to lay green to start, then the bloom faded over a few weeks and the eggs turned pure pale blue... We have Ameraucana pullets too, but they seem to have no intentions of laying eggs...:confused:

Maybe they're just waiting to get through winter? I feel like a lot of my pullets took longer this time around and I really think it was because of when they hatched. March/April vs June/July made for a longer maturing period even for the same breeds, not by a ton but at least an extra month compared to early spring hatches.

Maybe they're just waiting to get through winter? I feel like a lot of my pullets took longer this time around and I really think it was because of when they hatched. March/April vs June/July made for a longer maturing period even for the same breeds, not by a ton but at least an extra month compared to early spring hatches.
I sure hope so! These are the ones we ordered from the Chick Hatherery for Susan when her hatch failed. Actually, only one Favorelle (Early Girl!) has started to lay. The other two Favorelles and the three Ameraucana pullets are still waiting.... for something.................:th

Omg. I have the latest developing cockerel I’ve ever had, and it’s an Orpington. 26 weeks old and I’m calling it for the comb.

there’s ZERO saddle, but way too much hackle. They have this transparent lacing that makes them actually round close up so I was holding out hope they weren’t pointy.

two weeks ago the girls started laying and getting red combs. So did this one. But then this week... I mean give me a break. I’ve never seen a girl with this much comb much less a pullet.

he sure is pretty though with mixed lacing and partridge coloring.

a week ago
6AAC5927-17B8-4109-B4E6-EA3D331FBB13.jpeg

This week
0684102F-EC31-419E-B039-576A563AB43F.jpeg

Omg. I have the latest developing cockerel I’ve ever had, and it’s an Orpington. 26 weeks old and I’m calling it for the comb.

there’s ZERO saddle, but way too much hackle. They have this transparent lacing that makes them actually round close up so I was holding out hope they weren’t pointy.

two weeks ago the girls started laying and getting red combs. So did this one. But then this week... I mean give me a break. I’ve never seen a girl with this much comb much less a pullet.

he sure is pretty though with mixed lacing and partridge coloring.

a week ago
View attachment 2017813

This week
View attachment 2017810

Sneaky rooster wanted to stay with you, lol.

Back
Top Bottom