JUNE - JULY HATCH-ALONG!!!!!!!

Sneaky rooster wanted to stay with you, lol.
I hope he can stay silent a few more weeks. I’ve had a few cockerels this year crowing for a few weeks at a time but I really want to at least have my place on the market before giving the middle finger to my neighbors. :lau :pop

it’s been this incessant pattern since this hatch a lone one boy shows himself and then I rehome him and a few days later someone somewhere starts crowing. That one goes.... and the next shows their true colors. I think I’ve had 4 “hidden” late blooming cockerels this year.

I’d looooove to put him over the laced Orpington hens I hatched this hatch a long and see what I get.

I hope he can stay silent a few more weeks. I’ve had a few cockerels this year crowing for a few weeks at a time but I really want to at least have my place on the market before giving the middle finger to my neighbors. :lau :pop

it’s been this incessant pattern since this hatch a lone one boy shows himself and then I rehome him and a few days later someone somewhere starts crowing. That one goes.... and the next shows their true colors. I think I’ve had 4 “hidden” late blooming cockerels this year.

I’d looooove to put him over the laced Orpington hens I hatched this hatch a long and see what I get.

I just took my one legged rooster, Peg Leg Pete, to a sanctuary yesterday, he was my last rooster from last year. Wasn't from this hatch-a-long but I'm sure you remember the last devastating broody hatch for me last year...the Iowa Blue with the slipped tendon I couldn't fix...yep, didn't matter how much I called it a "she" he was a little rooster through and through, lol. Sweetest little roo I've ever raised though. I would have kept him if I could! I'm soooo ready to move and I bet you are too! At least your home is on the market, we're still in looking mode trying to find where we want to settle down. Currently looking in the mountains in north Georgia.

1-17-20 (3).JPG

I just took my one legged rooster, Peg Leg Pete, to a sanctuary yesterday, he was my last rooster from last year. Wasn't from this hatch-a-long but I'm sure you remember the last devastating broody hatch for me last year...the Iowa Blue with the slipped tendon I couldn't fix...yep, didn't matter how much I called it a "she" he was a little rooster through and through, lol. Sweetest little roo I've ever raised though. I would have kept him if I could! I'm soooo ready to move and I bet you are too! At least your home is on the market, we're still in looking mode trying to find where we want to settle down. Currently looking in the mountains in north Georgia.

View attachment 2017824
I totally remember that hatch. :-/ I’m so glad that you found him a forever home!!!!

Omg. I have the latest developing cockerel I’ve ever had, and it’s an Orpington. 26 weeks old and I’m calling it for the comb.

there’s ZERO saddle, but way too much hackle. They have this transparent lacing that makes them actually round close up so I was holding out hope they weren’t pointy.

two weeks ago the girls started laying and getting red combs. So did this one. But then this week... I mean give me a break. I’ve never seen a girl with this much comb much less a pullet.

he sure is pretty though with mixed lacing and partridge coloring.

a week ago
View attachment 2017813

This week
View attachment 2017810
Wow, he’s really been undecided!!! Those wattles and hackle feathers though... :lau

Thanks. Something got into the coop and got all my silkies - I was gutted. Have more now though, so it should be a fun spring!
I was having a problem last week with something getting my chickens. We killed a possum in the pen one night and thought that was what was getting them. The next night I had a dead chicken again. So I put up cameras and found out it was a coon. Me and my husband got him 2 days ago. I bet it weighted 20lbs from eating my chickens
IMG_20200204_201108.jpg

I was having a problem last week with something getting my chickens. We killed a possum in the pen one night and thought that was what was getting them. The next night I had a dead chicken again. So I put up cameras and found out it was a coon. Me and my husband got him 2 days ago. I bet it weighted 20lbs from eating my chickensView attachment 2020433

That is a huge raccoon! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom