Hi! I know it’s been awhile, but I wanted to update to people who came to stop by and see the grown up babies, and @MysteryChicken @Iluveggers and @TheAlrightyGina

View attachment 2835845
Clear cockerel.
Who was right?
First post: No one
Second post: No one
Third post: @MysteryChicken
Most people thought he was pullet up until the end.
I will be selling him.
View attachment 2835848
Pullet.
Who was right:
1st post: @TheAlrightyGina and @MysteryChicken
2nd post: @MysteryChicken
3rd post: Mystery, @Iluveggers
I will be keeping her.
View attachment 2835849
Cockerel.
Who was right:
1: Gina, Mystery
2: Mystery
3: Mystery, Egger
I will be selling him.

D died.

View attachment 2835851
Cockerel.
Who was right:
1: Mystery
3: Mystery, Egger
I will be selling him.
View attachment 2835853
Cockerel.
Who was right:
1: Mystery
3: Mystery
I will be keeping him.
View attachment 2835854
Pullet.
Who was right:
1: Gina
2: No one
3: Eggers
I will be keeping her.
View attachment 2835855
Cockerel.
Who was right:
1: No one
3: No one
I will be keeping him.
View attachment 2835857
Cockerel.
Who was right:
I will be selling him.
View attachment 2835862
Pullet.
Who was right:
3: Eggers
I will be keeping her. Crossing my fingers for really dark eggs!
View attachment 2835863
Pullet.
Who was right:
3: Mystery, Eggers
I will be keeping her
View attachment 2835865
Pullet
Who was right:
I will be keeping her.

I’m sorry I didn’t keep up on it! Hopefully I can on my next batch. 😉 Until then!
What’s breeds are A and G?

What’s breeds are A and G?
A is a mix between an EE, a welsummer, and possibly a brown leghorn. It was a project breed the guy I got the eggs from was working on. B is also of that mix, but she developed ear muffs and a beard. I’m hoping she will lay speckled olive eggs.

G is a (believe it or not) blue laced red wyandotte. I don’t know why she looks like that. I made a thread awhile ago on it.
G’s Coloring?
Here’s that thread.

I think this thread is an excellent example of how young chicks from pure breeds or nonspecific crosses can only be guessed at 50% accuracy when attempting to wing sex when freshly hatched 😉 Interesting project but I will certainly continue to wait until birds develop secondary sex characteristics at a few weeks old

I think this thread is an excellent example of how young chicks from pure breeds or nonspecific crosses can only be guessed at 50% accuracy when attempting to wing sex when freshly hatched 😉 Interesting project but I will certainly continue to wait until birds develop secondary sex characteristics at a few weeks old
Oh! Me too! I just really love the threads that show them as babies and then what they turn into. Just wanted to throw in alittle game in between. ☺️

Here is B.
Her name is Coconut and she is an EE. Hoping she lays a blue or green! She looks like she will be laying soon! I love how smooth her feathers are and that she has a beard and muffs! She’s the friendliest of the batch!
B9A725FE-D1AE-4664-B616-6B03D0545ECA.jpeg

This is either C, D, E, or F.
His name is AppleJack. I love his body type and he has very nice feathering. The only BLRW I kept that was male. He started crowing 11-23-21.
8A8556D5-3DE1-4494-8BE5-F1D1448413DF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom