Just about lost it !!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by nanawendy, Dec 5, 2010.

1. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    I went out to collect more eggs and saw something that almost gave me a heart attack. A couple hours ago I put bag balm on the girls combs, at least the ones that would co-operate. Ella, one of my BSL's, was one of the first. All went well until a few minuets ago... I went out and her comb was BLACK. My first thought was that she was having a allergic reaction (???) I got really scared. Maybe I harmed one of the girls??? Then I went to pick her up, to wipe off as much of the bag balm as I could. IT WAS DIRT. Our ground is so wet, when they went to dust bath... (on their usual Sunday free range) they got into the rather damp dirt, it stuck to the bag balm... and made it look like her comb was ready to fall off... Well a few laughs and gray hairs later [​IMG] ...

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Too Funny ! I would have freaked out as well. Good thing they are ok.

[​IMG]

3. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    [​IMG] All's well!

4. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    ok when I first started to read this I thought OMG I just did all of mine with bag balm... Then I saw the rest guess we both had a scare today [​IMG]

5. TeamChaos

TeamChaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    I slicked the boys up and two of them had impressive mohawks of hay by the time they went to roost! Too funny.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by