Just adopted a Rooster

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
My last rooster I rehomed. (White Rock) I was not ready to breed at that time. I hatched out some roosters, but they will not be ready to breed till summer. This one is 8 months old and I just got him from Chicken friends. He is an EE mix. I like his long tail.

les.PNG

This morning he was shy, I took him off the roost and put him on the floor. He squatted for me. I petted him and told him it was okay. He is exploring his environment. And the nest boxes.

lest.PNG
leste.PNG

It lets you know what is on his mind, and of course how would my hens know where to lay if it was not for a rooster who's first time in their coop was there to show them?

My last rooster I rehomed. (White Rock) I was not ready to breed at that time. I hatched out some roosters, but they will not be ready to breed till summer. This one is 8 months old and I just got him from Chicken friends. He is an EE mix. I like his long tail.

View attachment 3368574
This morning he was shy, I took him off the roost and put him on the floor. He squatted for me. I petted him and told him it was okay. He is exploring his environment. And the nest boxes.

View attachment 3368580View attachment 3368581
It lets you know what is on his mind, and of course how would my hens know where to lay if it was not for a rooster who's first time in their coop was there to show them?
Very handsome boy, enjoy him!

I had him 3 weeks. He did fertilize eggs and they are in the incubator. I did find him a home with a teen girl who has 8 hens. In the 3 weeks he was here he didn't fertilize all the eggs, and he never crowed. I didn't keep him because he was red. I was afraid of getting black chicks. He was very tame though.

Back
Top Bottom