Just adopted out 2 puLlets - feeling sad

gryeyes

Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers
10 Years
Sep 22, 2009
My slice of heaven in Somerset, CA
Two of my Much Too Large Flock just went to a good home with another BYCer. These are the first I have ever let go. Because I am addicted to hatching, I HAVE to do something with the chickens I raise. Nobody wants the roosters, so there is still the problem of having so many of them here. But divesting myself of two pullets is a good start. I have another pullet promised to another member of BYC, so I get to do this again, soon.

It's a Good Thing, I keep telling myself. Pullet or roo, I cannot keep all these chickens.

The new owners called to say they were home with the Olive-Egger and Light Brahma girls. I so want to "stalk" that member on the forums from now on, just to see how my girls are doing!
frow.gif

Ah well. I'll get used to Doing The Right Thing.

Last edited:
hugs.gif
At least you can take some comfort in the fact that you know they are in a good home and being well taken care of.
smile.png

I know it's hard.
hugs.gif
Just be glad they went to a good home. I had a bad experience selling 3 OEG roosters on Craigslist. I hate to think about what their lives are like today.
sad.png

Last edited:
Aw, it does sting when you have to say goodbye to creatures that you love, but I agree that you're doing the right thing- clearly, there was a need for some lovely, healthy chickens and you were able to provide them, way to go! And think of how happy the new chicken owners are!

I just sold 4 of my hens because my coop was too crowded.
hit.gif

Now, the ones that I kept are HAPPIER because they are less crowded.
smile.png

Yes, it was hard to get rid of those girls. One I raised from a week old chick.
hugs.gif

All were 8 - 12 months old.

Although I miss my girls, I am glad over my decision because it was the best thing to do for the rest of the flock !
old.gif

I know how you feel. This summer we rehomed alot of roos. Didnt have any problem but one. I was so hoping Olive was going to be a girl but the older she got the more I new she was Oliver. Finally Oliver had to find a new home. A lady from a town nearby answered my craigslist ad. She took Oliver a few months later she also took my black australorp Jet. When we took Jet to her she told us how big Oliver was getting and he has some girls and has started to crow. At least that makes me feel better.

Back
Top Bottom