Just an update on my bear...

SterlingAcres

Songster
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
Poconos, PA
Now, let's not go starting any more arguments, so this thread doesn't get shut down...

I just wanted to post an update on my bear problem... The trash is gone, the dumpster is here and chained. Haven't seen the bear close by the house at all, he follows the deer trail through our back 2 acres... Until the past few nights. DH has been off work, so he was home and has been locking up the barn at night. Good ole' Butterball is now showing interest in my turkey and chickens. And venturing close enough to where DH was afraid he'd charge him.

Fantastic.
roll.png

I'm wondering when he will get gutsy enough to break in.

My DH wants to know if he can come to your house tomorrow? He said he could be there around 5am.
celebrate.gif
He said to just have the coffie on. He will be the big guy in orange. LOL

Quote:
I've never seen him in the morning, so I don't know his route. I know he walks through my back 2 acres like clockwork. Just dark = bear on the move.
lol.png

It doesn't have to be me or anyone I know, but I hope SOMEONE kills this bear. He was also spotted by DH's coworker that lives 3 miles down the road too. I believe that was during the day.

Honest question............ shouldn't that thing be asleep (hibernating) or something? My DH and I were just having this same conversation about bears and them breaking in!

Quote:
pick my son up on your way
tongue.png

I was just thinking about your situation today as I was reading an article in the paper today saying how there have been several 800+ pound bears shot in Pa the last several years and how they expect a good harvest this year because last year was low. I've got to respect a bear who's been around that long....but at a distance.

Back
Top Bottom