Just curious!

Even for the people who are able to pick up their chickens and use DE on them it still will NOT kill the bugs.
DE does NOT kill bugs, period.

You have mentioned several times that you don't touch your chickens...
Some bugs are so small you would Never see them from a distance.
You chicken being bald is not normal. It is probably itching and putting out it's own feathers from trying to scratch.

Your chickens butt is RED...look at the pictures you just posted of her.

We are here to offer advice.
You are not listening to any of it, so good luck with your DE and chicken.

I want you to read here, on BYC, the hundreds and hundreds of post about how people swore up and down that DE kills bugs in the coops an don their birds....and used it many times over only for their to still be bugs on their chickens and in their coop.
It does not work....You need to research MORE, from experienced users of it.
There are 1000's of people here that will tell your from first hand experience it doesn't work.

You say your chicken doesn't have bugs....it is obvious there is something wrong with the one, just by looking at her picture of her red butt.

HERE are just two recent posts about DE:
There are 1000's like this.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...dvice-commentary.1178151/page-2#post-18567213

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/murray-mcmurray-chick-delivery.1151233/

So what I would want you to do is read more.

Okay....I'll check out both those links you sent me and again...thank you for your time
and information. Will report back on here how this turned out when it's over. I'm really upset she looks so sickly compared to Abigail when what happens to her, happens to the other one...it just doesn't add up! :(

Btw...there are different types of lice too.
Some only hang out in the vent area and some only hang out on the head.
I'll look for a link for info about lice for you too.

I would get them both treated asap and the coop.

Oh my gosh....now I'm really freaking out. There must be a way I can "treat" both hens, the coop, nest, run and cove without touching them! They are not hand-raised and although they allow me within inches of them...they do not want to be touched or handled. They also, however, trust me so I think maybe that's more "instinct" then anything else. I can only get "hands on" when they are nesting during the day for short periods of time. After dark, they are roosting and not accessible for me to approach.

Is there a SPRAY or something I can use on them without worrying about their eyes? I could spray them in the nest without a problem....but they will not appreciate that at all...lol!

I'll have to employ the "tough love" thing in order to cure them.

Do you have any idea why one seems so healthy (Abby) and the other not? It's breaking my heart....:(

Back
Top Bottom