quack quack cluck

Songster
6 Years
Aug 31, 2017
Raised chickens (and the occasional ducks, geese, and turkeys) in downtown Atlanta, GA for 12 years or so before moving to Vermont. Just getting back into birds, and currently have 18 young chickens, and 6 ducks (3 black Swedish, and 3 blue Swedish). All the birds were delivered the day after we were supposed to close on a house and land, but it fell through so now dealing with a hodgepodge of borrowed "coops" (a duck house and a rabbit hutch) in the drive of our rental!

Everyone thriving despite the less than ideal conditions (three months now and closing was just put off for another month!). Very much looking forward to moving and rehabilitating the existing chicken coop/shed for the girls (and one rooster), and building a duck house for the Swedes (they are really Pomeranian of origin, from what I've read).

Hi and welcome to BYC :frow Unfortunate Situation, almost happened to me, I just barely dodged the bullet. We were at closing, truck of house hold goods in the parking lot and the wife of the couple selling walked in the lawyers office and said: "I've changed my mind,I don't want to sell", they invited us outside and closed the doors. I was in shock, fifteen minutes later she stormed out and the lawyer invited us in to sign the papers. So sorry for your situation--but again welcome and we're so glad you joined us:ya

Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
We are glad you joined our flock.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Back
Top Bottom