Just finished 3 long day shifts

PaulaSB12

Songster
9 Years
Dec 6, 2010
And my feet are absolutly killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are so sore I can't even put them on the floor I want new feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmm.png

I'm a ranch hand for 3 days a week. Me & 1 other guy,( & 2 teens that watch) take care of over 1200 acres & over 400 head of cattle. We work from 7am. to 9 or 10 pm. Whether it's on my feet with a sorting stick, or in the saddle of a cutting horse, I come home DEAD DOG TIRED! That's why you only see my nonsense on BYC 4 days a week. Take care of your feet.....without them,......you'd be called Stumpy.
lau.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
Soak them in warm water and epsom salt. If you have any aromatherapy oils, toss a few drops of that in too to help relax.

I will do that thanks.

I'm a runner and also have a job where I spend my whole shift on my feet. Here's what I do:

Get two wash basins (from the dollar store) both big enough to comfortably put your feet flat in them.
Put a large towel on the ground.
Put lots of ice and top off with cold water in one.
Put warm (not steaming hot) water in the other one.
Have a stop watch.
Put your feet in the ice bath for 3 minutes (it is really hard at first - but your feet get used to it)
Then put your feet in the warm bath for 3 minutes.
Alternate. Do this several times.

Don't do this if you have open sores on your feet.

Check your shoes - are they worn out? Shoes are only good for 300-500 miles. Are they a good fit? Are they the right type of shoe for your feet and for your job? Bring a second pair of shoes AND SOCKS and switch out half way through your shift. It sometimes pays to go to a running store to get a pair of shoes that fit your feet. When you go to buy a pair of shoes, you should go after you have been on your feet for a while (your feet swell). For running I buy my shoes 1/2 size larger. Get good wicking socks to wear.

BTDT,

carol...

Last edited:
We have to wear toe protector shoes I will be getting a new pair soon. The biggest problem is that we are not allowed to sit down at work, so for example yesterday I was on my feet for 5 1/2 hours between breaks (we normally have a small "smoke breat" non smokers and smokers but where too busy)

I can relate. I'm still sick.. I just cough and cough and cough. My ribs feel like someone has punched me on both sides. I'm taking Avalox, but I don't think it's doing any good. Today I should be able to get some cough medicine with codeine in it, maybe I'll sleep tonight.... after I work from 8AM to 6:30PM.

Back
Top Bottom