Just found my new favorite use for duck eggs! (recipe added)

Rusty,

I don't know, I think it's because they're thicker and a little richer than chicken eggs. All I know for sure is that it makes things sooo yummy!
tongue.png

I am getting two a day from my three girls but I can't bring myself to eat them. I want to hatch them all. I am thinking of making duck jerkey out of the extra ducks.

Has anyone ever made it and is it good?

lau.gif
Use the eggs !!!! Heck I will post my cinnamon roll recipe too . I have a recipe for Portuguese sweet bread that takes 9 eggs. You can always use them up.
smile.png

My kids love this tasted for breakfast. I double the recipe because my husband has been known to eat an entire loaf hot out of the oven. And after 46 years of marriage - I just double the recipe so he can
love.gif

Portuguese sweet bread
short version ---- I double it hence 8-9 eggs :)
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup instant potatoes
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup instant / dry milk
1/2 cup butter
2 pkgs yeast
1/3 cup warm water 110º
about 5 cups flour
4 duck eggs or 9 Banty eggs :)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

1) bring 2/3 cup water to boil add potato flakes stir in 2/3 cup sugar, dry milk and butter. let cool
2)sprinkle yeast on warm water stir after yeast is foamy stir in potato mix add 2 cups of flour beat til blended
3) beat in 4 duck eggs, salt ,vanilla, and mix til blended
4) stir in 2 more cups flour
turn out on floured board and knead until smooth and satiny and no longer sticky
*** If you use a mixer with a dough hook add 3/4 cup more flour and beat til blended about 5 minutes
If dough is sticky add 1 Tblsp flour at a time til it is no longer sticky
5)cover let rise about 1 hour
6) punch down knead briefly cover and let stand about 10minutes
7) cut dough in half shape into either loaves or round balls and place in pie pan or bread loaf pans. - cover let rise another 45 minutes
8) beat 1 egg and brush over tops of loaves sprinkle with sugar
bake 350º oven for 25 -30 minutes.. makes 2 loaves

I make alot of cheesecakes with my duck eggs. People go nuts for them! Cheesecake is good but when you tell people it was made from duck eggs, it makes it even more special!

Mmmm both those recipies sound really good. I'm going to have to try them out soon. Thanks for shareing, I'm always looking for something to use my eggs in.

Back
Top Bottom