Just found this half in/half out of my girls vent...

WyoChickenMamma

Songster
8 Years
Jul 6, 2011
I was just down to the coop to collect eggs and noticed that one of my favorite girls didn't come running. I was looking around for her and found her in the coop, facing the wall. That is when I noticed that she had this hanging out of her vent. I gently picked her up to get a better look at it. I barely touched it and it came all the way out. She looked relieved, but now I am worried about what might still be inside her. I looked at her vent, it appeared to be clear of any thing else. I put her down and she just walked away.

98950_2011-09-30_15-00-46_6212.jpg

Looks like she was considering making sausage to go with her sisters eggs? It was a nice try! Hopefully it's just an eggmaking glitch that will take care of itself! Did it look like a worm? Goodness, I hope not. How long has she been laying?

Last edited:
It is a soft shelled egg. One end is a bit more solid than the other. And it has some white in it. It is for sure odd and does look like a huge worm, but it is an egg that just didn't form or finish forming. I think she is okay...it was just odd.

Back
Top Bottom