Just Got Chicks + Rare(?)

JFreeman

Songster
10 Years
Dec 23, 2012
Texarkana, Arkansas
My Coop
My Coop
I picked up my chicks on Monday. I ordered 15 chicks plus the rare (still not sure what it is). I ordered 7 Mottled Houdans, 3 Columbian Wyandottes, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 2 Golden Laced Polish, and 2 Speckled Sussexes. I can easily spot the Houdans and the Polish, and I'm pretty sure I can tell what the Sussexes look like, along with the Silver Laced and Columbian Wyandottes.

I took videos and pictures, but I'm going to post the video links first.

1 Week Old (Columbian Wyandotte?) I ordered three, but only two have the distinguished coloration. Do they come this dark?

1 Week Old (Silver Laced Wyandotte?) Just ordered one, so maybe could be the rare?

1 Week Old Rare. Not even remotely sure what she is, but I suspect either another sussex (but doesn't have stripes on back) or maybe a golden laced Wyandotte, but again not sure.

This is Angel, the Columbian Wyandotte. I call her Angel because she is the lightest of all the Wyandottes.

This next is Elisabeth, another Columbian Wyandotte.

This one, I can only assume is my third (and final) Columbian Wyandotte. I saw a video posted on the hatchery website and thought I saw one this dark. If it's not, I'll be angry because I ordered three. Regardless, her name is Joan.

This is one of the 6 Houdans I have. I ordered 7, but unfortunately one died yesterday.

Houdan number 2. Just look at that pose! Like he's got something to show off. ;) High and mighty they think they are.

This one is a bit more regal. Houdan number 3 must think she is royalty.

One of the two Golden Laced Polish.

I assume this is the rare. I'm not entirely sure what it is. She's a sweetie though, and I have named her Bandit.

I assume this is the Silver Laced Wyandotte. She doesn't mind being held, but hates getting caught. She'll peck her annoyance at me.

And finally, one of the two Sussexes.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting, they are all so adorable!
One of mine are like your Silver Laced Wyandotte she loves being held but she hates it when i try to catch her...
Good Luck with them!
big_smile.png

Updated pictures of my flock, plus an added few. They are now close to 3 weeks old. I also bought two 3 week old Black Copper Marans and an 18 week old Blue Copper Maran.

One of the ones I call Elvis.

Half Pint is much smaller than the rest, but she is the same age. Not sure what's up with that...

Joan (Columbian Wyandotte)

Angel (Columbian Wyandotte)

Bandit (Rare & Cool lookin' chick)

Speckled Sussex

Black Copper Maran

Bandit is starting to look almost exactly like one of my ameraucanas. The blue legs and dark beak are also making me lean that way.

That's what they are saying on the "What Breed/Gender is this?" section said too. I googled brown ameraucana chick and found one that looks almost exactly like her. I just LOVE how she is turning out.

Back
Top Bottom