Just got ducklings!

Madhouse Pullet

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Mar 18, 2014
California
I ordered 2 cayuga female ducklings from My Pet Chicken (I was scared they were a scam) and I picked them up early yesterday morning from the post office. They seem scared but I made sure they were hydrated, and they've been doing good since.
Then my light bulb went out and the temp dropped to 80 :( I couldn't get to the store so I ended up using the snake's heat lamp until I could.

They are definitely wiggle worms compared to my chicks! I had a hard time holding them :lol:
This was the best picture I could get.
20200707_213112.jpg

I ordered 2 cayuga female ducklings from My Pet Chicken (I was scared they were a scam) and I picked them up early yesterday morning from the post office. They seem scared but I made sure they were hydrated, and they've been doing good since.
Then my light bulb went out and the temp dropped to 80 :( I couldn't get to the store so I ended up using the snake's heat lamp until I could.

They are definitely wiggle worms compared to my chicks! I had a hard time holding them :lol:
This was the best picture I could get.
View attachment 2232870
I’ve two females too! enjoy them when they are so tiny... they grow soooo fast!
If you put some quality time in it now, you will have the best pets! Congratulations on your beautiful new ducks! We love more pictures!!!

I’ve two females too! enjoy them when they are so tiny... they grow soooo fast!
If you put some quality time in it now, you will have the best pets! Congratulations on your beautiful new ducks! We love more pictures!!!
They're still very terrified of me but one is beginning to be less skittish. I'll definitely add more pictures soon.

I also was curious, what age can they go outside to forage during the day?

Back
Top Bottom