Just got sickened!

I wish there were enough people educated about their food. Then, it would be easier to vote for the people who would let us eat what we want. Some of those government folks really do think you get TB from raw milk. They are either not educated OR they know which side of the bread their butter is on.

Quote:
Okay, honestly, more people drink pasteurized milk than raw milk. There is more pasteurized milk out there. I would be curious as to the percentages rather than numbers. And even then, since raw milk isn't usually sold, the percentage might be skewed because the sample number is small.

Just an observation.

I don't believe there is an accurate comparison of percentages, because the regs have made people leary about admitting to drinking raw milk. Numbers are also skewed because the media/FDA/health officials love to jump on sickness 'linked' to raw milk. My general thought, from my reading and anecdotal experience, is that the percentages are probably very similar, or even lower for raw.

But the real issue isn't which might be 'safer', but individual freedom to choose to eat what you decide is best, as opposed to allowing a gov't body to choose for you. Should there be sanitation standards? Of course. But to literally outlaw a food that was a staple of human diets for milennia? Madness.

i didn't read all of the posts, only the OP and a couple of following posts. the information you posted is exactly the reason why we as consumers need to take back the supply of our food by keeping chickens for eggs, growing gardens and fruit trees for fresh fruits and veggies, and hunting for meat or buying your meats from a local farmer whom you know and trust. those are just a few examples of things that we can do to ensure that our food is safe, fresh, and sustainable.

I am not surprised at all by your discovery. In fact none of us really know what happens to our food before we purchase it from the grocery store. I live in canada and well regulations are different here than in other countries but still, they have this whole section of organic meats and foods at my grocery store and it makes me wonder all about whether it really is organic or not. I told my husband a while back I would love to try the meat and see the difference, I went to pick up organic pork chops and everything they had labeled as organic has this greenish film on it. I asked the butcher about it and they took all the meat to the back. It really freaked me out. just like I found out the local fresh section at our grocery store isn't local at all its from the other side of the country.

so now I buy my eggs form the lady down the street until my chickens begin to lay, and all my beef and pork now comes form local farms, all organic where they gave me a complete tour and showed me how they raise their livestock. I was impressed and the prices are great. Because of how far north I live, its hard getting fresh local vegies which is why I am starting a greenhouse, but during the months that the farmers are allowed to seel their produce in the town centre I take full advantage and buy loads of things and then freeze them or prepare them accordingly!!!

just yesterday I was picking a few things at the grocery store and they were having a huge sale on chicken, whole chickens, I have 8 week old pullets, and my chickens are huge compared to what they are passing off as whole chicken at the grocery store.

bottom line I don't want chemicals in my food and if they are passing it off as organic it shouldn't have any of that in it!!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Humans are the only animals that cook their food. High cooking temperatures change the chemical properties and destroy enzymes that are vital for good health. The Ann Wigmore Foundation (Google it) has plenty of info on how to eat healthier. My favorite herbal info book is by Rosemary Gladstar: The Family Herbal. I think I saw recently that it has been published under a different title now, but Rosemary Gladstar really knows her stuff! My favorite herbal supply store is Mountainroseherbs.com. They also have lots of info on herbs. There is so much to learn, you could study for years and still feel like you have barely scratched the surface, but these are good places to start. Someone else will have to suggest poultry and milk info...

Organic has meant nothing since it became a government certification. Big business makes it toxic. Even Stoneyfield imports it's organic strawberries from China. Sorry, but organics imported from China or most anywhere else doesn't cut it with me. JMHO.

Back
Top Bottom