Just got sickened!

Wow...
hide.gif
I didn't think this would turn into such a debate! Sorry to stir the waters, I just thought it was interesting. Anyone can find this information by doing web searches. There are so many blogs and articles on it. It really opened my eyes to what organic actually means.

The ShopRite in our town actually has signs on their organic produce as to where they come from....not area specific, but country specific. I feel that buying something 'organic' from other countries is not truly organic. Maybe it's just me.?
idunno.gif

As for the political part of all this...Rufus...you cracked my ass up!
lau.gif
Thank you!

I just want to move into the middle of nowhere, where no one can tell me what to do and how to do it. But unfortunately there is nowhere like that. Big brother is always watching and listening. I'm sure this thread is now being printed and put in a file on someone's desk!
duc.gif

hhhmmmm...why is the US the heaviest country in the world...hhhhmmmm! Did you know that McDonald's in other countries ARE actually healthier then the ones in the US? And some countries refuse to have Americanized fast food chains. We are the little hamsters in the wheels to the government. We are the experiments...and no matter how you lobby and who you know that is never going to change. They are dictating more and more of what we can and can't do.

I just have to say that aside from all this I love all you BYCer's. It's like a giant family here and everyone is so quick to help each other out. So aside from all of our political views, I think we are all trying to reach the same goal of supporting our local farms and raising our chickens for eggs and meat. You feed them what you want and treat them how you want because you know that you are going to eat them. And that's what sustainable living is about.

Crack N' Egg :

Wow...
hide.gif
I didn't think this would turn into such a debate! Sorry to stir the waters, I just thought it was interesting.

Don't be sorry.....Thank you! I find this thread very interesting.. I just love this kind of debate.. and yes I agree with you, most of us all have the same goal with sustainable living and all.

Be well!
Thanks again for this great eye opening thread..
ON​

b.hromada :

Quote:
Didn't know that!
idunno.gif

Also, eggs can be "checked" and repackaged with a new "sell by" date in most states(may be a Fed regulation,not sure). The eggs yo buy could have been repackaged several times!

Larry​

Quote:
Boy isn't that the truth! Can not believe everything you read.. one must think for them selves......

Heck just about everyone has a "hidden agenda"... It is all about trying to influence the other.. Unfortunately for many it is about control and money...

Know for that article...
tongue.gif

and
smack.gif
to the author..
big_smile.png

ON

As one affiliated with farming for 50 years, I firmly believe that it all comes down to personal ethics. There are small farmers whose food i would not touch because their animals are filthy, and there are factory farms the same way. Then there are well-run small and factory farms that do good jobs of providing food for consumers with minimal additives and chemicals. The problem is... unless you know them personally, both the good and the bad are koined into one huge manufacturing plant and ta-da! Kill any microbes and feed it to the masses. And make sure it doesn't look like any thing that was alive because people won't eat it. Most of our population is so far removed from the food chain that if the worst ever does happen, they will starve of ignorance.
I don't have any answers. Government of both parties consists of metropolitan suits who are in the business of votes and whatever pacifies the masses will prevail.
The best thing you can do? Teach the little children about real food at home, because you can be sure that all the registered daycares and elementary schools are teaching the politically correct line because it is required curriculum. Offer to take in a hen and chicks to your local elementary for show and tell. The teachers will welcome you and you will find out how clueless most of our educators are about the food chain. The kids will be fascinated.

Back
Top Bottom