Just had a stoat attack!

Well that sounds promising! I really hope you find him soon
fl.gif
X2

Well the stoat has been back!, luckily for the hen she wasnt the the target, my mother orpington was!! here is a pic of the hen tonight....

Can you move birds to another location until mouse population gives out. My critter came for voles and chickens where simply targets of opportunity. Birds were moved to were voles were not and chickens not longer threatened. My situation also allowed moving pens making to dogs could more readily pursue weasel. Consider long-term efforts to reduce rodent population by limiting the amount of spilled feed, especially that which accessable after dark. Reduced rodents will reduce visits by stoate.

Did he kill her Johnn?
Killed who the orpington? if its the orp you are asking about, then no it stood no chance really shes one of those hens those hens that would fight till the death, and i think her chicks would have tried to help her too

Omg, i have really worried my self! :(, when i locked the hens in the orpington was lieng down in the box with the two chicks perched infront of her so i couldnt really see properley, but what if the stoat was in the box with her and ive locked them all in together!!

Omg, i have really worried my self! :(, when i locked the hens in the orpington was lieng down in the box with the two chicks perched infront of her so i couldnt really see properley, but what if the stoat was in the box with her and ive locked them all in together!!
Do you really think the 2 chicks would be that close if the stoat was there? were you able to check her over good to see if she had any injuries?

Back
Top Bottom