Just had a stoat attack!

Do you really think the 2 chicks would be that close if the stoat was there? were you able to check her over good to see if she had any injuries?
no i couldnt, i really couldnt see and she would have pecked me. And i know but the shed yhem 3 sleep in is quite small so they would have anywere else to go. I hope shes ok, its really annoying because its all my good hens being wiped out first 3 to die were my best 3 layers the one who was attacked on friday was officially the best layer then, now this orp is a good layer and excellent broody. But all the free loades and cockerel that can barley walk never have anything happen to them (im not say saying i want them to get it because i really dont) :/

Folks, I getting concerned you are getting some sort of enjoyment out of discussing what the stoat is doing to birds. There is no evidence in thread of anything substantial being done to prevent further losses.

Folks, I getting concerned you are getting some sort of enjoyment out of discussing what the stoat is doing to birds. There is no evidence in thread of anything substantial being done to prevent further losses.
Well I am not getting enjoyment out of this, and hoping Johnn is trying to get the coop where this is happening fortified before the stoat kills them all.

Poultry Couture, this is off subject but i just looked at your avatar and i found it halarious!!
lau.gif
Hmmm. I was kind of thinking I was glad the girl involved didn't catch a hoof to the head.
hmm.png

Give me one reason why i would enjoy discussing my hens being harmed, and something trying to kill them? and something being a threat to them?

Wish the gamekeeper would hurry up and come!, i have just had to sit up there for four hours in the freezing cold!, i let thme out then just when i was about to leave i turned around to look at them and saw the stupid stoat running up the field!!! and also it wasnt just the orpington to get attacked it was the first hen too so now she has hardly any feathers left the poor girl!, i think my young cockerel saved them because there is a few of his feathers in their big pacthes of them on the ground. Also he loves his mother so he would and when the hen that started this thread off went into the woods i went to get her because i wanted them to stay together and when i picked her up she squaked and the cockerel came running to see what was happening!

Back
Top Bottom