Just Hatched Trio

Flyinbolts

Songster
Aug 20, 2019
West Michigan
Earlier today I had some ducks make their way into the world. My guess is rouen (center), khaki-runner cross (right), and cayuga (left). All doing well and rouen is starting to dry already.

Very interesting to see the result of a khaki drake & cayuga/runner/rouen/mallard/pekin.
5 more eggs - only thing I'm worried about is since these three have hatched the humidity is through the roof. 91% and I haven't added water. Temp is around 98.5. Been toying with the idea of opening enough to circulate in some 50% humidity air from the house.

1594529739476.png

Dabbing eggs with exposed membrane with water to stave off shrinkwrapping... Have two that are being stubborn and we're about 30 hours through the 24-48 after pip. I noticed the membrane getting a little leathery near the pip.

One seemed VERY happy to receive half a drip of water and drunk it right up. (this was on accident not really intended... but when you're wetting the membrane and the bill is there it's pretty easy to drip)

Any suggestions? I can see one's bill and both are peeping. They're both very alive and responsive to anything outside just haven't seemed to put up the effort to come out yet.

towel is wet just before the point of dripping to help keep moisture up. It is lukewarm to match the incubator too. Probably around 80% humidity in the incubator right now.
1594606264659.png

Back
Top Bottom