Just in time for Christmas - I hurt my knee

hide.gif
hugs.gif

I know how body aches and pains can be. I too have a reoccurring pain that sometimes gets to be excruciating. I had an accident on a gymnastics horse and fell on my head in the middle school and lost consciousness and had the stiffest neck for weeks. My parents never took me any where to look into it and there are times the pain gets unbearable and I'd like to just pull the covers over my head and not deal with life but duties call, the headaches the pain and strain... but then there's parenthood and tending to my animals. All we can do is muster through it and give it time I guess.

I'm on muscle relaxers and heck if they do anything. Try to tell the dr.'s and they give me sheets of papers on how to stretch the muscles...but every time I stretch it hurts and is so tight again. I've got numbness in my right arm and the dr. just told me she thinks I have carpel tunnel. Great.

I've got compartment syndrome in both legs and 3 muscle compartments in my shins are affected that's why when I exercise, I can only do so much because those muscles start to swell and they are too big for my tendon so they fall asleep and I trip all over myself all the time. I know all about being clutzy and that was diagnosed in high school and I've had 2 surgeries on my legs and my body made so much scar tissue the windows they made to relieve the pressure have sealed up and it's as if they didn't do the surgery. Sometimes it feels hopeless, you know? Sometimes it feels like no one understands... not any one in your family, or your friends, or even the doctors.

Sorry my friend if I sounded insensitive towards you yesterday. I thought we were all just razzing each other like we like to do. That's all.

I hope you have been able to take a hot bath and then put cold on your knee and kept it elevated and do take some ibuprofen for the pain. I hope you are resting and taking it easy and that you come back on to report you are feeling better.

your chicken friend,
g

Back
Top Bottom