Just In Time Hatching Egg AUCTION and BIN Thread

the best hatching eggs I have bought may be from madamwlf. shipped 12 eggs 11 developed 1 quite early. 10 made it to lockdown. 8 chicks out 1 pipped upsidedown and died and one had not pipped yet but I have not given up yet.

I have had one really good one from her and one not so well. No fault of hers it was the PO. They scrambled my chocolate wyandottes I got from her and none of them developed but the chocolate orps hatched 5 of 8 eggs. 6 made it to lockdown but one died about day 19. This was one of the best hatches I have had for small numbers of eggs.

the best hatching eggs I have bought may be from madamwlf. shipped 12 eggs 11 developed 1 quite early. 10 made it to lockdown. 8 chicks out 1 pipped upsidedown and died and one had not pipped yet but I have not given up yet.
Best I had was from you donna 9 out of the 11 I set under a broody incubated and hatched out barred rocks

we

Best I had was from you donna 9 out of the 11 I set under a broody incubated and hatched out barred rocks

I remember that....cuties chicks with mama all on a roost pole.

we need a feedback thread.....don't we.

Last edited:
There are 24 as of tonight.

Ok folks there are 28 guinea eggs now.
This flock is made up of 5 older birds I got from the feed store, and last year I hatched birds from co rancher, mr hienz and another BYCer My brain is missing. So good spread on bloodlines. They are probably getting ready to quit soon.
A little over 2 hours left.

Last edited:
BIN for shipment tomorrow, 8/28

I have exactly 7 Swedish Flower Hen eggs and 3 blue/splash LF Orpington (mostly American) eggs laid yesterday and today. I want to ship them out tomorrow so they will arrive before Labor Day. Price is $28, shipping included. Payment must be received no later than 1 PM EST, Wed. 8/28. To buy them, quote this post and add sold. Then PM me to let me know and I will PM you my PayPal email address.

Thanks for looking!

Astolf, my lead roo
900x900px-LL-a2637660_Astolf072413.jpeg

David, the second lieutenant
900x900px-LL-d0beeadf_David072413.jpeg

Astolf and some of his girls
900x900px-LL-08c692cd_Astolfandthegirls072413.jpeg

My latest hatch
900x900px-LL-004a0c99_SFHchicks072113.jpeg

Quote: one of the best hatches I've ever had was from donna too... if I remember, somewhere close to 3 dozen eggs, and I had something like 20 hatch...
unless you count the quail... 20 coturnix eggs, I hatched 19. (20 was upside down and stuck...)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by yinepu

yeah.. but the eggs were OLD.. I candled the ones that hadn't exploded.. the air cells took up half of the eggs!.. so the seller KNEW he had sent me old rotten eggs...

I had one of those last year. My first and only attempt to hatch a few bantam pets for the grandkids. I candled the eggs when they came in and over half of the 18 were half full and soapy. I took pics, cracked them open (gag) and took pics of the gunk. Seller just said sorry, must be the weather. Almost gave up on shipped eggs.

I have had 2 batches of eggs do that this month. Not rotten just dried up yolks. They were my eggs in one batch, and I picked up the other eggs locally. I've never have had such a bad hatch. I lay it off to the heat my house get awful hot. only got 6 chicks out of 3 dozen eggs. None from the eggs I pickup locally, 1 from the 14 shipped eggs. On the egg topsy the eggs didn't start even. But were not rotten either.
Strange. I have some in my small brinsea suppose to hatch the 31th.
I clean my bator between hatches, these were staggered hatches maybe thats what did it. But I've had staggered hatches before that worked out just fine.
Better quit chattering and go feed the chicks before they eat each other . They are cheeping out there like they are starving.
The mystery of hatching goes on....

Back
Top Bottom