just ordered some fertized eggs from meyer hatchery

winteree

Songster
6 Years
Apr 5, 2014
We wear cowboy hats here guess where?
I wanted to know if anyone has ordered fertilized eggs from Meyer hatchery i ordered 6 eggs 3 bantams and 3 Rhode island red's and i have to say I'm having second thoughts about hatching out chicks. I've got my incubator together with everything but honestly i have no clue how to go about incubating the eggs i know that the temp needs to be at 97-101f and the humidity has to be around 45-70% but around 60% for the last three days and i'm planing on making a automatic egg turner. But what do i do when 18 days comes up do i stop turning the eggs or do turn the eggs more or less etc help! I need to know what exactly to do and when.

welcome-byc.gif

When the 18 days are up, you take the eggs out of the turner and put them on the screen floor of the incubator. Then you shut the lid, and wait.

does it matter if i use a light bulb for the heat or do i need a lightness environment for the eggs i know a girl on YouTube that covers her eggs completely with a blanket and uses a heating pad for the heating element in her incubator

Back
Top Bottom