Just set my Silkie Eggs! Woot!

donnap1967

Songster
11 Years
Mar 15, 2008
Northern NJ
Well I set my silkie eggs from eBay about 20 minutes ago. I am already a nervous wreck! lol This is my second attempt at hatching and the first in my own homemade Miss Prissy Incubator.
I am trying the egg carton method. There is so little room in there I hope all goes okay.

Anyone else set eggs today?

i set mine yesterday!!! so we'll have pips and chicks at the same time!! i also have silkie eggs, 12 of them and then 6 polish/frizzle and 5 frizzle. i'm so excited!!! i'm so glad i have someone waiting with me. when are you going to candle your eggs?

woot.gif
I'm setting 12 silkies from Ebay too!!!!

This is my first incubation try. I already have 12 mutt eggs in the bator from Monday.

I have seven silkies in mine. This is so exciting! I have been peeking in there every 10 minutes lol
wink.png

I am going to try to restrain myself until Day 4 to do the first candling. Maybe I will see something and maybe I won't. Might be a bit early but I think I will be losing my mind by then! I won't be able to wait any longer than that
pop.gif

Honestly, it was totally an accident.

I was drinking coffee before work,
caf.gif
my older daughter was sitting next to me, and I was showing her different pictures of various chickens on ebay. I can't help it, I like to window shop.

She begged me to bid on silkies and I bid thinking I would never win. Other people were bidding, I was heading to work for the day and wouldn't be home when it ended. I was sure I would be outbid.

I was actually thinking of ordering some from MPC.

Anyway, I came home from work and there in my email...I won the auction! lol
yippiechickie.gif
So there it is....my confession.

th.gif

I did ask someone from BYC about some white silkie eggs. The ones in the bator now are splash. This is my first time using the homemade bator so if all goes well with this group I hope to get some whites from her.

I'm a silkie diva and have been since '02. Don't worry about your status...I posted mainly over at the other byc board. There are some that post just to get their status up.
Anyway, my blue and splash silkies due June 5th.
fl.gif

Good luck!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom