Just some quick questions

Lanissa86

Songster
11 Years
Mar 26, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Day 18 is tomorrow.
yippiechickie.gif
I set my Eggs at 10:30 p.m the first night. So does that mean Right now will be my last time turning them since tomorrow is Day 18?
hu.gif
Also, I have been hand turning them every day three times a day. Do I leave them in the bator on their sides like they are or do I put them in Egg cartons like I see lots of you do? I am afraid that since they have been on their sides this whole time that putting them in the egg carton might mess them all up? And do I put all the water in tonight and get the humidity up to 80%?
idunno.gif
Sorry for all the questions, I just do not want to mess this up. Its my first hatch, and I have 14 good eggs out of 24 so I am already disappointed about that. If I can get half of these 14 to hatch I would be satisfied, but of course I would be ecstatic if they all hatch!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
I've never incubated eggs before, what kind of eggs did you get?

Oh and I went by Moore's this afternoon and they had bantum red and blue cochins.

They were too pretty.

Quote:
No, tomorrow is your last turn.

I left mine on their sides, and on day 18 put them in egg carton. All but one hatched. But that is ultimately your choice.

Not sure about the water, as I waited til morning to add mine, since I wanted to be there to monitor, and was afraid it wouldn't stabilize overnight.

Mine was also my first hatch. I set 11, got 10!!! Good luck, hang in there, and
DO NOT OPEN THE LID!!! Steph

Last edited:
Quote:
I'd wait until tomorrow to stop turning them. You can put them in egg cartons if you want or just leave them laying on their sides.

You should aim for 70% humidity tomorrow when you stop turning them.

Just so I get this right. I turn them 3 times tomorrow, and after my last turn I add all the water, humidity 70%..is there a percentages I should not exceed? Like too much humidity? put them in the egg cartons (think I am going to do it, so many have add great hatches doing it) And then DO NOT Open right? Just wait. So tomorrow night will be my last turn and all that, lets hope I have this all right! Thanks everyone for the help so far. Crossing my fingers that I do not screw up!
fl.gif
I candled and I have dark eggs, They are completely black and I can only see the air cells, sound normal right? And my bantam Polish egg has great veins and the little guy is very jumpy, but he/she is not taking up the majority of the egg? Will he/she make it? I sure hope so!
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Maria, went to the feed store today and got my Pullets! I can start over now from the ones I lost. (my dog attacked all my girls, not sure if you read that post). I bought them at living good feeds. I also stopped by Moores, and you are SO right. Those bantam blue and red cochins were too cute! Although I think I may have very bad luck when picking straight runs! The four I got 3 weeks ago are looking like roos
tongue.gif
They are cute, but too many, Booger is already a pain because he found his voice LOL. He tries to crow all day!
lau.gif
So now I have 2 Barred rock (thats what I hope they are) and 2 EE. Very cute! Only 2 days old. Might be putting the little bantams on craigslist soon. I sure hope these Eggs hatch! I saw one rocking a little while ago, he freaked me out! I am excited!
wee.gif
Come on chickies!
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom