1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just some recent pics!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Dudu, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Dudu

Dudu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Ħal Luqa, Malta
    Just wanted to share some recent pics of our babies.

During the weekdays I only get to see them in the morning when I clean the crate and feed them, as it's all rush, rush, rush, but yesterday, Saturday, we let them out at last again to spend some time with us. Left to right: Annie, Robbie and Greta:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And yesterday Dudu, Shakti and Bindi were moved from their cage (where Dudu had re-started again picking feathers on the girls' backs) to a large room. They didn't like the idea at first, so I sat with them for an hour to help them relax and get used to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My girls, Bindi and Shakti, watching the pigeons:
    [​IMG]

Dudu on the other hand adjusted much faster and walked about the room introducing himself to everyone: "Duuuuuudu! "Duuuuudu!" LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the end Shakti decided it was comfy enough here to sleep:
    [​IMG]

Hard to believe my little Dudu so grown up (and yesterday he tried to pick me, so I used a water spray bottle (like I use for dogs) to surprise him, for now he has stopped)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All three finally walking about and exploring:

[​IMG]

And then on Thursday we had these marvels hatch. Naked neckies in some unusual (for us) colours (there are more babies):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And once again I wanted to say that this forum is amazing and I am so grateful to use it and get answers to my questions.

2. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

What beautiful chickens! [​IMG]

Those little NN sure are cute too. Thanks for sharing.

3. Pharm Girl

Pharm Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Amazing birds! Love the NN babies too. I have a question. How old is the building/room that you moved the chickens to? I love historic places. Living in the wild west, there are hardly any buildings or houses over 100 years old or so. I'm always amazing people live where buildings can be several hundred years old.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Neato! [​IMG]

5. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

LOVE IT! Just hang'n out!

6. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    Pretty chickens [​IMG]

7. Dudu

Dudu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Ħal Luqa, Malta
    Thanks for the comments!

Pharm Girl, I hope I don't disappoint you, LOL but the building is not that old at all - in Malta things are built out of limestone, so it deteriorates much sooner and looks ancient, he he. But our farm is situated in an old limestone quarry, hence part of the wall of the room - it's part of the rock. (The island of Malta is one entire rock altogether, LOL. And not a big one at that, only around 400,000 people!)

8. Pharm Girl

Pharm Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Still cool! I don't even know where Malta is in the world, I'll have to google it. I think I might need to visit soon. I'm guessing the limestone rocks are ancient anyway, so still amazing. We only have moss [​IMG]

Oh Wow, Off the boot in the middle of the Mediterranean! Now I have to add that to the list right next to Guernsey.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by