Just walked out back and 3 coons were trying to get in the coop.

TCollier

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 22, 2010
Franklin, Ohio
Well I just walked out back and 3 coons were trying to get in the coop and I guess it is a good thing I have a semi auto 22. I got all 3 before they could get away. Guess they said heck with the small attacks one at a time they sent in a squad.

Yes the other two ran when I shot the first. Straight line at a large tree. Got the second on the run and got the 3rd going up. Nothing better than a good reliable marlin 22 semi auto rifle. Well it also helped I have a very large light out on the back of the house that give off a lot of light.

That's quite a `retirement party'!!
big_smile.png

A good semi-auto .22 is a lot like a slow motion shotgun with a highly `adjustable' choke
cool.png

The reason we went from one to three box traps was our finding one coon in the trap and two more on the roof of the coop pulling up the shingles from the plywood.

Ours were as alert as I was bleary eyed so it was a good thing the Nylon 66 was fully loaded.

you should have let one get away so he could tell his buddies to get the heck out of your town. Just kidding. Great job - !!

Quote:
Which is why I trap and shoot coons even though they have not been able to break into the coop since my last reinforcements --- they will literally tear the place apart trying!!!! Even if they couldn't get to your chickens through the plywood you'd still have to invest time, money and sweat into replacing shingles....darn raccoons!

Thank you, thank you. Thank you very much! I always hope that everyone elses dispatches keep me from ever having to!

BTW,

Would a medium power BB/pelet gun kill racoon???

I live in town and we are not allowed to fire guns off...but I have been worried about coons as a whole family was removed from neighbors' boat parked about 50 ft from my coop, last year. I am pretty sure I could shoot BB gun w/o getting into trouble with the law. So was wondering.....

WAY to go there big guy!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom