Just wanna say Lowe’s is the worst!

FloorCandy

Crowing
Apr 15, 2020
Yesterday morning I ordered some various soils, flower pots, and some fertilizer from Lowe’s, expecting I could go get it in the afternoon. At around 3 pm I get a call, which I missed and they didn’t leave a message. I call back and go thru their exhausting phone system. The lady who finally answered, spends a while looking it up, and says one pot is sold out so they removed it from the order. Ok, great. she says I will receive an email shortly when the order is ready.

At 7:15 I get another call, just as I get an email that says my payment is declined. I check my bank account as I answer, and I was charged. So I told the salesgirl on the phone this, and she says she already spoke to the IT team. Red flag, anyone in retail knows calling support is your last ditch effort. She clearly entered something wrong and then tried to get IT to fix it and they couldn’t. She says I have to call corporate customer support and gives me the number. I called and they’re closed of course.

So I get up today and call the bank and the charge is still there, it went thru, no issues. Right at that moment I get an email that my order is ready. So that lazy girl clearly just didn’t want to pull the 17 - 50 lb bags of dirt I ordered.

I go to like 10 places, the last stop is Lowe’s. I park in the pickup area and call the number for pickup. I’m super tired at this point and just want to get home. The girl brings it out, says nothing, leaves the carts of dirt behind my truck and walks away. I get out and I shout across the lot “is there someone who can help me?” She doesn’t even turn or slow down, just shouts, facing away from me, I’ll call a man. I wait like 10 minutes and start putting them in myself, they’re super heavy, wet, half of them are leaking, spiders are crawling on them, it was a joy. I’ve tried to flag down the cart guy, who is very conspicuously avoiding the carts near my area, and he has headphones in and is working hard to avoid eye contact.

When the man finally arrives, he’s easily half the size of the girl who brought the carts, but he’s a man, sexist nonsense. I bet that girl would be the first to complain if she had to like bake a cake just because she’s a woman. I asked him why would they send a woman who won’t lift anything to take out 900 lbs of dirt? He was like, “people are supposed to do it themselves”. I went to Lowes just because it was closer to the feed store than Home Depot, honestly I hate them both, but sometimes you need dirt and cinder blocks in smaller quantities than the local bulk places.

There were like 3 guys putting my wood chips and feed into my truck at the feed store, if they had the rest of the stuff I needed I would have gotten it there. Everywhere is closing because Covid has killed small business, this is apparently the future of service in America. Yay

Oh boy...you aren't going to like what I have to say but I'm going to say it anyways.

Did you pay extra for them to load it in your car?

I don't get the whole attitude of why it's someone else's job to load up what you buy.

I would not have expected nor asked, without offering money up front, for anyone to load it for me.

Oh boy...you aren't going to like what I have to say but I'm going to say it anyways.

I don't get the whole attitude of why it's someone else's job to load up what you buy.

I would not have expected nor asked, without offering money up front, for anyone to load it for me.
I asked the first lady I spoke with, who told me the pot was sold out, if there was someone who could help me load it, and she said yes no problem, park at the curbside pickup spaces and call the pickup number, but don’t come until I get the email. Otherwise I would have brought my husband. I always tip them, the guys at the feed store got $20, if there weren’t 3 of them, it would have been a lot lol.

Lowe’s does have what they call “pro loader” that’s all there jobs is. Luckily the Lowe’s near me beside the lazy ones that don’t want to work are great people.

Sounds like the one in pine bluff arkansas. Sadly they are about the only hardware store locally. The one in my town keeps weird hours and is always closed when I need something. Forced to use lowes or drive one hour to get to a HD.

I sit in on one of the lowes seminars once and the bad info they were giving out about electrical was dumbfounding. They are gonna get somebody killed listening to that crap. Yes I have an electrical license, the little flunkie teaching didn't.

Well while I have money, I rely more on my feminine wiles to get stuff loaded for me.....otherwise I take my own man or muscle it myself 🤣

Man, I have the opposite problem. I have a tiny car so I prefer to load everything myself, and I always get asked by like half the male staff if I need help. Gets old having to politely decline every dude that thinks they're coming to my rescue just cause it takes a bit of time to finagle things in properly. I need to put a sign up I guess that says "I'm not struggling, loading tiny cars just takes care and precision!" I probably deserved it though the time I put a wheelbarrow in there. Good times, lol.

Don't judge me I'm working on getting a trailer.

Back
Top Bottom