1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just Wanted To Confirm She is a Hen!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by roostersandhens, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Puff is a Americauna X Black Australorp X Cochin X Barred Rock pretty sure pullet. Her 2 brothers are the same age (3 months) and have giant dark red combs, and pointy saddle feathers, and I just know they are boys + one started crowing yesterday and is mating with the hens. Her 2 brothers have pea combs and she has a single, and the pea combs are bigger than hers. So she is 3 months old. She has curved small saddle feathers. She has a light yellowish pink comb. She is much much smaller then her brothers. So, I am pretty sure she is a hen, I just want to confirm because I am having something built that requires knowing how many roosters I have. I am going to open a chicken rescue and have a cop with sections and I will have 1 rooster in each section so..

Thanks!

This is Puff:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I don't have any pictures of her saddle feathers, if I have time and you need me to I can take some.

This is her brother Scribble who is crowing, just so you can see comparison:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is her other brother Pip:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I just found this picture of Puff:
    [​IMG]

P.s. All of them are the same breed.

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Puff looks like a pullet.

3. Ok, it was nice to hear your opinion! Thanks!

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    pullet

5. RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

RoostersCrow HensDeliver! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    SE Michigan
    SHE is SO cute!

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Are you sure she is mixed with cochin. Becuase at the very least she should have stubbles on her feet. Feathered feet is a dominate trait. I lover her eyes! they are so big

7. Thanks!

8. I am positive she has Cochin. Her mother is Cochin X Barred Rock X Black Australorp. Puff has very little Cochin in her. Her "grandma" is a pure Australorp, her "grandpa" is Cochin X Barred Rock, so her mother only has 1/4 Cochin. Puff's dad is an Americauna. So ya.. Just for fun, This is her mom:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I was just windering but she should have at least 1 stubble, oh well. I still lover her eyes!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  10. Ok, well thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by