Just Wanted To Confirm She is a Hen!

roostersandhens

Flap Your Wings!
7 Years
Jan 9, 2013
Saving Battery Hens at Happy Hen Chicken Rescue in
My Coop
My Coop
Puff is a Americauna X Black Australorp X Cochin X Barred Rock pretty sure pullet. Her 2 brothers are the same age (3 months) and have giant dark red combs, and pointy saddle feathers, and I just know they are boys + one started crowing yesterday and is mating with the hens. Her 2 brothers have pea combs and she has a single, and the pea combs are bigger than hers. So she is 3 months old. She has curved small saddle feathers. She has a light yellowish pink comb. She is much much smaller then her brothers. So, I am pretty sure she is a hen, I just want to confirm because I am having something built that requires knowing how many roosters I have. I am going to open a chicken rescue and have a cop with sections and I will have 1 rooster in each section so..

Thanks!

This is Puff:

I don't have any pictures of her saddle feathers, if I have time and you need me to I can take some.

This is her brother Scribble who is crowing, just so you can see comparison:

This is her other brother Pip:

I just found this picture of Puff:

P.s. All of them are the same breed.

Puff is a Americauna X Black Australorp X Cochin X Barred Rock pretty sure pullet. Her 2 brothers are the same age (3 months) and have giant dark red combs, and pointy saddle feathers, and I just know they are boys + one started crowing yesterday and is mating with the hens. Her 2 brothers have pea combs and she has a single, and the pea combs are bigger than hers. So she is 3 months old. She has curved small saddle feathers. She has a light yellowish pink comb. She is much much smaller then her brothers. So, I am pretty sure she is a hen, I just want to confirm because I am having something built that requires knowing how many roosters I have. I am going to open a chicken rescue and have a cop with sections and I will have 1 rooster in each section so..

Thanks!

This is Puff:

I just found this picture of Puff:
SHE is SO cute!

Are you sure she is mixed with cochin. Becuase at the very least she should have stubbles on her feet. Feathered feet is a dominate trait. I lover her eyes! they are so big

Are you sure she is mixed with cochin. Becuase at the very least she should have stubbles on her feet. Feathered feet is a dominate trait. I lover her eyes! they are so big
I am positive she has Cochin. Her mother is Cochin X Barred Rock X Black Australorp. Puff has very little Cochin in her. Her "grandma" is a pure Australorp, her "grandpa" is Cochin X Barred Rock, so her mother only has 1/4 Cochin. Puff's dad is an Americauna. So ya.. Just for fun, This is her mom:

Back
Top Bottom