Just wondering how often everyone cleans

I clean out their coop once or twice a week (depending on how messy they’ve been). My run is deep litter so I clean it out and put it in my compost every 6 months. The only reason I’d clean it out sooner was if I’d noticed mold, or if I moved their coop. I don’t normally clean their nesting box out, unless there is poop in it.

I scoop the poop out of the PDZ each morning, clean the bedding out of the coop annually and never clean anything out of the run.
2CAA8E144B7C_1621003889354.png
2CAA8E144D14_1576340907409.png

I scoop poop off the poop boards every day. I scoop any poop I see out of the pine shavings bedding in there. I check the nest boxes; fluff up/add to the bedding there if needed. It takes about 5 minutes a day.

I have yet to take all the bedding out of the coop. I've added three bales of shavings/hemp in a year's time. It does not smell unless someone has just dropped a cecal poop. Even last week when it was HOT and HUMID, it did not smell.

I throw garden weeds into the run 2-3 times a week. In the fall, I add lots of dry leaves. I scoop any poop I see out there, just because I want it for the compost bin.

Back
Top Bottom