Jw Who here has CHerokee indian in them and knows about the TOT

Quote:
yes i have hear dof these my family spent a whole summer going around to all the sites in oklahoma which also meant reading up alot on the whole expedition i learned alot it was sad how when someone died they would just burry them where ever they were, so many unmarked graves out there it is sad, they had all this forced upon them

i love being outdoors including sleeping outside when i go camping i wonder if i got this from my cherokee traits i love fishing

Quote:
yes i have hear dof these my family spent a whole summer going around to all the sites in oklahoma which also meant reading up alot on the whole expedition i learned alot it was sad how when someone died they would just burry them where ever they were, so many unmarked graves out there it is sad, they had all this forced upon them

GOLD!!!!!!!!!! GREED!!!!!! That's why they were forced like animals!
The worst day in our country's history!

I know on my mother's side my great great grandmother got pregnant by a Cherokee Indian she met in a bar, but the guy was married, etc. so nothing was ever official and noone really knows his name!

On my dad's side, my last name was changed to make it more easily understood (it was an indian name apparantally).

Quote:
very good point! My bil asked me once why studying Cherokee history meant so much to me? He also said that since I was pursuing my cherokee roots I should also pursue the english, irish, scotch roots and so on......I said no and he asked me why not? In my mind as kids growing up here in America our education system has already pursued teaching us everything in those directions while ignoring the truth in history! In most cases kids are not taught about the trail of tears and the cruel treatment to all Indians of every nation back then. What I have also learned in my studies was at 1 time this country alone housed 500 different indian nations!!

Quote:
Yeah I've been on the search for a while , Still don't know what group (s) my people came from. Very frustrating. A lot of my people came from SC and NC . I have found a lot of names etc. but no records that verify Native American. But some of the cousins , I've met in my search also have family legend that say native American. And these are people I've never met or compared notes with before . I want to do a Dna test some time or another , but right now can't afford it. It's really interesting reading about all you guy's lineage!!

Back
Top Bottom