Karen feeling bad

Any discharge from eyes or nares? listen to her chest for any sounds that aren't normal.
I didn't hear anything when listening to her chest, but she had a normal sounding hiss this morning so I let her out with the other ducks and for rhe first time she ran right over to the pool and jumped in to take a bath so that's good. She's been hanging out with the other ducks all day I'll weigh her again when I bring her back in later. Seems to be doing pretty good now definitely more active than she has been.

I brought her back in and weighed her in at 3.6 lbs, so I went ahead and put a few good sized handfuls of soldier fly worms in her food bowl to encourage her to eat. She didn't eat right away but I just checked her again and a good amount of them were gone and I weighed her in at 3.8 lbs. Good news is I haven't heard the strange breathing noise, she has had her normal sounding hiss all day.

I brought her back in and weighed her in at 3.6 lbs, so I went ahead and put a few good sized handfuls of soldier fly worms in her food bowl to encourage her to eat. She didn't eat right away but I just checked her again and a good amount of them were gone and I weighed her in at 3.8 lbs. Good news is I haven't heard the strange breathing noise, she has had her normal sounding hiss all day.
Has she always been such a tiny duck?

So update tonight, she was 3.6 lbs this morning but I put her out with the other ducks and for the first time she stuck with the ducks all day foraging with them so that was great to see!! I brought her in just now and weighed her in at 4 lbs!! I'm keeping her inside for monitoring tonight but as long as her weight doesn't go down again tonight will be her last night inside.

Back
Top Bottom