Kat’s Journey into Chicken Keeping

Pics
Maybe you should consider switching breeds to Pekings . Those don't fly.
@LaFemmeKatia did you find your ducks?
Good morning Kat 🙂 have a great Monday !

Did you find your ducks yet ??
Our ducks finally came home! They filled up with food
and treats, and left again.
:barnie
Lol. That was yesterday.
But they are here again today now. :celebrate
They are flying a lot lately, something they really didn’t do all summer. I mean flying over the house and across the field and through the trees. I hope they don’t plan to fly (further) South for the winter.
With all this air travel, I notice that one is missing. One of my males. I haven’t seen him in a few days. :rolleyes: I am still hoping he shows up. He’s the non-dominant male. The Big Boss is here with the six girls.
They didn’t fight with each other. The non-dominant drake just followed the leader. Maybe he is tired of being The Big Boss’s wing-man. 😢

Last edited:
They are flying a lot lately, something they really didn’t do all summer.
Have you considered clipping the flight feathers??? I never had ducks, so not knowledgeable on clipping those. I do know about clipping pigeon wings. I have clipped chicken wings, but only when I got new adult chickens and they were not yet used to my coop. Did not want the chickens flying over fence.

Lol. That was yesterday.
They are flying a lot lately, something they really didn’t do all summer. I mean flying over the house and across the field and through the trees. I hope they don’t plan to fly (further) South for the winter.
With all this air travel, I notice that one is missing. One of my males. I haven’t seen him in a few days. :rolleyes: I am still hoping he shows up. He’s the non-dominant male. The Big Boss is here with the six girls.
They didn’t fight with each other. The non-dominant drake just followed the leader. Maybe he is tired of being The Big Boss’s wing-man. 😢
I hope he makes his way back home and that the others don't fly away for the winter! I didn't think that domestic ducks would do that, but that's not saying much as I've never kept them!

Lol. That was yesterday.
I was just telling Mrs BY Bob about your ducks yesterday. I'm so glad they came home. Even it was just for a visit.

Back
Top Bottom