Kaz gets to be a muma!

Yay for Kaz, we had a pekin bantam years ago that was continuously broody so we got some fertile eggs of a mate and she successfully hatched them all. The chicks she hatched were Sussex who quickly got bigger than their surrogate mum it was very funny.

I'm sure Kaz will be a great little mummy - good luck :)

Alright Kaz we are all keeping an eye on you
celebrate.gif

Go! Kaz! Go! The 19th will be here before you know it. Does she have 7 eggs? What color should the chicks be?

She has 11 eggs and yes, I've candled them while she was briefly off for a dust bath! 7/11 are dark, the rest are light/clear...probably should toss the clear ones..incase they break! I've been worried she'd get upset if any eggs were missing though ^_^;;

The eggs are all pure bred pekin eggs..but we got a few from all the color batches at the chicken farm...so I'm not sure which will hatch from them! Hoping for a bit of everything! Such adorable fluff balls!! I can't wait for the hatch day!!

I still need to make a bigger nest box for her..I think the one I made for her atm is too small...when she's puffed up over her eggs she takes up the whole space! =D

She's now officially a muma!! <3

She got up off the nest this morning and from what I could see 5/7 eggs had pipped!! http://instagram.com/p/jVOkJtGkB7/

Then just now (lunch time) we went to say hello and there was some chirping going on! And she 'adjusted' herself I could see that at least 2 eggs had fully hatched! She was hiding the little ones, but I saw a bit of one that was a grey/yellow colour! I can't wait until they've fluffed out to see the colours they are!!

I'll try get photos as soon as muma Kaz lets me! =D

Back
Top Bottom