Keep a light on

Flood light will not keep predators away. You are thinking, lights keep humans away from burglarizing your home. Even that is just a slight deterrent, but not very sure one. Animal predators like raccoons, opossums, skunks, coyotes, fox, and most others are not phased by light very much.
Have your coop securely closed, so most predators will not be able to break in. Easier said than done,,,,,,,,, since some of them are strong, or crafty, or small in size to still be able to sneak in.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and :welcome

Flood light will not keep predators away. You are thinking, lights keep humans away from burglarizing your home. Even that is just a slight deterrent, but not very sure one. Animal predators like raccoons, opossums, skunks, coyotes, fox, and most others are not phased by light very much.
Have your coop securely closed, so most predators will not be able to break in. Easier said than done,,,,,,,,, since some of them are strong, or crafty, or small in size to still be able to sneak in.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and :welcome
There coop is a shed with a locked door so don’t think anything can get in am just wanting to do anything that will keep them away

I open both coops at 5am daily.
I turn on lights inside and outside the coops.
I have several Game cameras outside around the pens.
A Fox came around 20 minutes after I opened the coops and circled the pens several times harassing the chickens,
STC_0005 (4).JPG
STC_0006 (2).JPG
STC_0007 (2).JPG
STC_0008 (2).JPG
STC_0009 (4).JPG
STC_0010 (2).JPG
before leaving.
STC_0065 (1).JPG
STC_0066 (1).JPG

Lights don't deter predators. I've also seen Raccoons, Opossum, Coyote on Camera when lights were on. My cameras caught a Bobcat after Sunrise.
STC_0013 (1).JPG

GC

Back
Top Bottom