Keep Away!!

I have fox problems here as well. Lost a bunch, before I made the investment in electrified poultry netting. Sometimes, you have to PAY to play.
Jack

Prob with all these AWESOME solutions, i already have a dog that hates my chickens and would eat them if she could, but i can not suport another dog, the fencing costs too much, i'm looking for a simple something.
hugs.gif
there are no simple solutions when it comes to wild critters lurking around at night / daytime when we are not there to protect our birds, you have to place them in a secure area if you can not incorperate a couple canines to help and that takes time which you don't have, so keeping them pened would seem to be your only option.

I've had my fence up for just a over a year. I have the 4' high poultry plus netting from Premier. I, myself would not go with the shorter fence they sell. It may work fine, they sell a bunch of it, but I went with the 4' high fence. I had one chicken out of nineteen go over, and that was the first day the fence was up. I clipped on of her wings, and it hasn't happened since. My chickens were used to just free ranging around before I got the fence. But it has worked out great for me, and especially the chickens. Now I can let them out first thing in the morning, and not have to worry about them being wiped out by a fox, or a stray dog that may come along. Check out Premier's web site, or give them a call, they have good people working for them.
Jack

Back
Top Bottom