Keeping bantams for eggs?

Well it's pretty much your choice. If you don't mind the smaller eggs than they're great- if you do, get standards. If you're looking to sell eggs than bantams aren't the way to go.

I have mostly standard sized chickens of various breeds, but I absolutely adore my two bantam buff brahma hens. They are so beautiful, and winter hardy, lay as well as some standard sized dual purpose breeds, and their eggs are on the large size for bantams. Kids love bantams, too.

I don't usually sell my bantam eggs, but I don't see why you couldn't, if you sell them to friends and neighbors for half price.

I have a blue bantam cochin that consistantly lays a beautiful cream colored egg every other day.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

I like keeping bantam for eggs.. As they mature they lay a grocery store large... My EE's do... good feed to egg ratio... you can have more birds and more cuteness for the money!!!

A friend of ours kept modern game bantams for a while...those incredibly tall and skinny looking birds. He said he was amazed at the size of the eggs the hens produced: almost the size of supermarket medium eggs.

Back
Top Bottom